What is so wrong with preloaded games? (and other noob questions)

#1MotaroRIP619Posted 5/26/2013 6:17:35 PM
I was on an Animal Crossing forum, and they were complaining about the AC 3dsxl coming with ACNL preloaded onto the system. They were upset to the point of saying they'd still buy the AC edition, but would buy a separate copy of New Leaf as well.

I googled, and looked around, but couldn't figure out what was the issue.

Also...

I probably won't be able to buy a 3DS XL until August. What would be my chances of getting an AC edition? It didn't say it was limited, but special, which I would assume is the same thing lol.

Thanks in advanced.
---
I like pleasure spiked with pain, and music is my aeroplane. - Red Hot Chili Peppers
#2MotaroRIP619(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 6:19:57 PM
Note: I don't have a 3DS at all. I haven't owned a handheld gaming system since the Gameboy pocket...
---
I like pleasure spiked with pain, and music is my aeroplane. - Red Hot Chili Peppers
#3KurizakaPosted 5/26/2013 6:22:25 PM
A lot of people like to own physical copies of games. There's nothing wrong with the digital version, it all comes down to preference.

I have no idea how hard it'll be to find.
#4MotaroRIP619(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 6:33:19 PM
Oh... so it's like people who would rather have an actual book, over say a Kindle, just because they enjoy the look and feel of owning an actual book...

Alrighty then... that seems kind of insane to buy a $220 edition of a console then fork out additional money. lol

Thanks
---
#5KurizakaPosted 5/26/2013 6:35:12 PM
Exactly so! =)

It's a bit much, but I can understand why people do it. Collectors like to be able to hold their games.

You're welcome!
#6MotaroRIP619(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 6:07:43 PM
bump-o-rama for my question about getting the Special edition a month or two later?
---
#7TinyTim123Posted 5/27/2013 6:10:56 PM
Probably not. While a lot of people complain the Animal Crossing bundle looks like a poptart, many people also complained about the Pikanips on the Pikachu. That sold out quite quickly.
I don't think you will be getting your hands on the Animal Crossing bundle for a reasonable price two months later, sorry.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#801Philip01Posted 5/27/2013 7:23:00 PM
Quote:Probably not. While a lot of people complain the Animal Crossing bundle looks like a poptart, many people also complained about the Pikanips on the Pikachu. That sold out quite quickly.
I don't think you will be getting your hands on the Animal Crossing bundle for a reasonable price two months later, sorry.

@TinyTim123

This, it's a limited edition.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#9nintendoggerPosted 5/27/2013 7:24:12 PM
MotaroRIP619 posted...
bump-o-rama for my question about getting the Special edition a month or two later?

Very slim, unless you want to pay extra from a scalper.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and The Legend of the River King.
#10MotaroRIP619(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 8:16:35 PM
:'( thanks guys
---