What's so addicting about Pokemon to you?

#1blohangelPosted 5/26/2013 11:18:27 PM
Just curious.
I haven't played Pokemon since Yellow version, and none of the recent Pokemon games (also the upcoming X/Y) grab my attention.
---
"We don't play EDF for graphics, we play it for massive carnage we lay upon alien scum" -gamemaster712
PSN: Angel_Garcilazo/3DS FC: 4940-5942-3940
#2JTC87Posted 5/26/2013 11:21:08 PM
I played Blue when I was younger, I bought pearl and never played it because I didn't like it, haven't touched a Pokemon game since.
#3dennis941012Posted 5/26/2013 11:25:33 PM
multiple play through
lightness of the game
yet it is most complex stragey game ever invented
sheer grind of doing everything is impossible
ramble ramble
blah blah blah
---
http://i.imgur.com/4xLYyGc.gif
#4noobody1Posted 5/26/2013 11:37:30 PM
The tears of noobs when your magikarp sweeps his uber team with tackle, bounce and a crafty baton pass chain.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#5Starwars4JPosted 5/26/2013 11:42:16 PM
The adventure, the endless possibilities, the lack of it being overly dark and grim. Sometimes a happy, fun adventure is just what the doctor ordered!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6Abiz_Posted 5/26/2013 11:43:17 PM
I bought white 2... Nothing is addicting about it to me. It would be a nice time filler if I didn't have better games to play I guess.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#7Someguy_13Posted 5/26/2013 11:47:30 PM
Exploring the world is always fun,

But I recently realized (because of Fire Emblem: Awakening, actually) that I just really like team building.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#8lambchipsPosted 5/26/2013 11:58:47 PM
Ev training...
IV breeding takes so much more time because eggs are really random (for someone that doesnt know how to abuse RNG off by heart and no desire to learn)

Ev on the other hand is easy (most of my pokemons are Ev trained while I am watching machines at work)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#9pyroman93Posted 5/27/2013 12:10:12 AM
Comfort zone. I grew up with Red, I know how pokemon works, and when I start I know I'll be able to pick between a fire, grass and water pokemon, and that the first few routes will have some random normal pokemon and probably a bird pokemon as well. There's something nice about the comfort of the old formula in a new world with new pokemon.

Also, whenever a new pokemon comes out I try to buy a copy alongside a friend, so we get to share the experience and battle our teams once we've each completed the E4.

At a later stage, EV training and competitive battling can get addicting. With these I'm either all-in, 20 hours a week, or completely disinterested. But once I'm thinking about this I've already gotten my money's worth of playtime.
---
"some times 12 year old are immature. i am that age and i never make dumb and stupid comments" - campeon625
My god is F-Zero GX
#10iGenesisPosted 5/27/2013 3:57:47 AM
Comfort zone. I grew up with Red, I know how pokemon works, and when I start I know I'll be able to pick between a fire, grass and water pokemon, and that the first few routes will have some random normal pokemon and probably a bird pokemon as well. There's something nice about the comfort of the old formula in a new world with new pokemon.

Translation: Nostalgia.
---
GameFAQs.com: You make the content; CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Nintendo_Series_Tier_List.gif | http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif