Any chance of 3DS games being ported to a system with better controls?

#1SF_BahaPosted 5/27/2013 3:09:55 AM
The 3DS has few good games as it is with very little to look forward to, but even those are massively hampered by the abysmal 3DS system's control setup. Kid Icarus is practically painful to play; there's no excuse for the 3DS not having dual analog sticks to allow a proper control scheme. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is held back by the awful placement and terrible stiffness of the 3DS d-pad. Analog controls have never worked well to control a 2D game, so the circle pad isn't much better.

Why Nintendo didn't just integrate the Circle Pad Pro is beyond me. Talk about not wanting to have to shell out the massive sum of $20 all you want, or "alienating the fanbase" because you simply don't want a system that allows proper dual analog controls, but you're doing the same by insisting that games like that just aren't allowed period.

So what's the deal? Has Nintendo mentioned anything about Wii U ports?
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#2marioparty17Posted 5/27/2013 3:18:53 AM
Resident Evil lol
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#3moogle69Posted 5/27/2013 3:41:23 AM
No.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#4Kinneth123Posted 5/27/2013 3:44:08 AM
What is the big deal with people and Kid Icarus's controls?

I played it Circle Pad Pro free and didn't even need the stand it came with.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 5/27/2013 3:50:38 AM
SF_Baha posted...

What do you think? Besides if it has "few good games" according to you, why would you care if any of them get ported?
#6Shadow2790xPosted 5/27/2013 4:03:24 AM
SF_Baha posted...

What do you think? Besides if it has "few good games" according to you, why would you care if any of them get ported?

Because he wants to play them with Wii U controls. I'm not agreeing with him, but you should learn to read.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x
#7DeathSoul2000Posted 5/27/2013 4:10:15 AM
Shadow2790x posted...
SF_Baha posted...

Because he wants to play them with Wii U controls. I'm not agreeing with him, but you should learn to read.

Maybe you should learn to read.
#8acoustiphilePosted 5/27/2013 4:21:31 AM
Secret Wii U buyer's remorse topic.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
#9iMURDAuPosted 5/27/2013 5:05:51 AM
Yeah sorry but its not the d-pad holding New SMB 2 back.
---
Why Fire Emblem: Awakening is just wrong - http://i6.minus.com/isAPJZatCvECp.jpg
#10thedicemasterPosted 5/27/2013 5:15:02 AM
get a thumb stylus.
they still sell them at dx.com, or if you have an original DS you could use the included thumbstrap stylus.
for kid Icarus I can't imagine any better controls than what you get with a thumb stylus, even dual analog or mouse/keyboard wouldn't be that good.