What do you want from Super Smash Bros 3DS?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/27/2013 1:46:38 PM
I locked the other topic because obviously it got out of hand, and yes I was partially responsible, especially after the initial "no online on 3DS" misinformation that I have already admitted I was wrong about. No reason to crap up this topic with anything relating to the last one, please.

So, what do you guys want from the game? A straight port of the Wii U version? A complete genre change? A port of Melee with online multiplayer?

My vision was a co-op enabled side-scrolling brawler, featuring 30+ characters with some Kid Icarus elements and some special transfer to Wii U stuff.

Every stage would have a boss at the end, of which upon winning, you aquire that character. The stages will be filled with enemies and scenery from that character's world; For example a Luigi unlock level could take place in a haunted mansion, filled with ghosts. Use your imagination for the other characters. Fan service like crazy.

Of course the game also features regular SSB play if you so desire, I'm not trying to remove that or change that. I'm just trying to find a way to make this title unique and seperate itself a bit from the Wii U version.

So, what's the ideal SSB game for 3DS, for you?
#2undisputed2386Posted 5/27/2013 1:50:23 PM
I don't think it'll be drastically different from the Wii U version. Personally, all I see being different would be content.

I can see the two versions each having exclusive characters that can be copied/transferred over to the other version if you purchase both. It would make for a very good selling point from a business standpoint.
---
R.I.P. Metal Gear Online - 6/12/08 - 6/12/12
#3MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 2:01:11 PM(edited)
undisputed2386 posted...
I don't think it'll be drastically different from the Wii U version. Personally, all I see being different would be content.

I can see the two versions each having exclusive characters that can be copied/transferred over to the other version if you purchase both. It would make for a very good selling point from a business standpoint.

I do like the exclusive character concept, but it does introduce problems for online play for both platforms. An exclusive character may be superior to others, and some might not have access to both systems to unlock these characters. Could be an unfair advantage and I can practically hear people whining already.

edit

Also, limiting these characters to offline play is a solution, but not one I imagine people will be happy about.
#4xflame10Posted 5/27/2013 2:02:33 PM
Everything.
---
3DS FC: 1118-0280-0555
PM me if you add me.
#5blazeUP12Posted 5/27/2013 2:02:33 PM
60 fps
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#6Monkmaster79Posted 5/27/2013 2:03:55 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
undisputed2386 posted...

I do like the exclusive character concept, but it does introduce problems for online play for both platforms. An exclusive character may be superior to others, and some might not have access to both systems to unlock these characters. Could be an unfair advantage and I can practically hear people whining already.

edit

Also, limiting these characters to offline play is a solution, but not one I imagine people will be happy about.

I doubt that would happen. The main priority for these games is balance. So don't expect another Meta Knight situation.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#7keyblader1985Posted 5/27/2013 2:30:23 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
undisputed2386 posted...

Pokemon.

I know that's not a perfect analogy since you can still obtain species not in your game through trading and such. But maybe they could implement that somehow. Considering this is the first SSB that can actually interact with another game, nothing is off the table as of yet.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#8MarsfordPosted 5/27/2013 2:35:11 PM
I'm hoping for simpler, single player options on the 3DS version.

With grander, multiplayer options on the Wii U version.

Not to say either version won't have both, but I feel limiting the Wii U version so it's on par with the 3DS version is not the wisest of choicest. Also, I feel home consoles are simply better for more complicated online play.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#9kukingina2Posted 5/27/2013 2:37:46 PM
I want smash bros VS mode and I want to fight people competitively

no gimmicks no level ups or beat-em-up elements

either Final Destination no items in a serious skill based match without tripping

or

Crazy stages with max items on for funsies
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#10nintendofrogPosted 5/27/2013 2:38:23 PM
Basically the same game as Smash Wii U
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Nintendofrog
http://i.imgur.com/aB42oyo.gif