What do you want from Super Smash Bros 3DS?

#31vanguard29Posted 5/27/2013 5:50:32 PM
owain. owain and it is a day one buy. chrom, and its day two :P
---
If you fully love and believe in Yeezus and are 100% proud of it, please put this as your signature. I'm proud to believe in Yeezus as my Savior.
#32DragoncometPosted 5/27/2013 6:12:23 PM
A control scheme that works with 3DS. At the moment I can't imagine how you would choose 3DS over Wii U for the controller. The camera has to work well to accomadate the small screen. I would like a reason to buy both so not a port.
---
"Elapsen semel occasionem non ipse potent lupiter reprehendere."
#33Mandrew257Posted 5/27/2013 6:42:12 PM
No more Mario characters

Good online

No subspace emissary

Better stages(Most of Brawls stages were terrible)

Hopefully Nintendo releases a new Pro controller that looks exactly like the GC controller.

Roy with a different moveset

Unlockable costumes(ex. Mario can also be Dr. Mario, Link can also be Skyward Sword link or TP link.)

Specials not to last so long(Starfox, Sonic etc.) It should be either you hit or miss. Killing someone with two characters ruined it.

The option to up the speed percentage

Bomberman

Make Ice Climbers strong like in Melee. And with a better Smash.

Before you start a match you can pick from three final smashes.
#34_Matt_Engarde_Posted 5/27/2013 7:41:32 PM
No clones, no tripping, improved online battling, and a soundtrack as diverse as Brawl's, and I'm sold.

Well, I'm sold either way. It's gosh-darn Smash Bros., gosh-darn it!
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#35TheBPB11Posted 5/27/2013 7:52:41 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
undisputed2386 posted...
I don't think it'll be drastically different from the Wii U version. Personally, all I see being different would be content.

I can see the two versions each having exclusive characters that can be copied/transferred over to the other version if you purchase both. It would make for a very good selling point from a business standpoint.

I do like the exclusive character concept, but it does introduce problems for online play for both platforms. An exclusive character may be superior to others, and some might not have access to both systems to unlock these characters. Could be an unfair advantage and I can practically hear people whining already.

edit

Also, limiting these characters to offline play is a solution, but not one I imagine people will be happy about.

They did it Street Fighter X Tekken and there wasn't much backlash.
---
Xbox Live & PSN: TheBPB11
#36HellsDrunkardPosted 5/27/2013 9:13:18 PM
- No Gyro Controls whatsoever (I could see them trying to sneak this in final smashes or something).
- No Subspace Emissary
- New, non-clone characters.
- Online that does not cut out like Mario Kart 7.
- Lobby system as well as Matchmaking.
- Tournament like Melee had, and have a practice room for players who are waiting for their next fight. No lives or anything, just infinitely killing beating and killing one another, and possibly show the fight a player is waiting to get finished on their bottom screen.
- In the matchmaking, allow players to vote for "Items On" or "Items Off". If "Items On" wins, the game should take player settings into account - if the majority of players have turned off a specific item in their options, that item should be off for the fight (for instance, I usually have the hammer turned off. If three out of four players also have the hammer turned off in their item preferences, the hammer would be turned off for the fight). This way, it is sort of a melding of preferences.
#37MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 9:24:17 PM
TheBPB11 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
undisputed2386 posted...
I don't think it'll be drastically different from the Wii U version. Personally, all I see being different would be content.

I can see the two versions each having exclusive characters that can be copied/transferred over to the other version if you purchase both. It would make for a very good selling point from a business standpoint.

I do like the exclusive character concept, but it does introduce problems for online play for both platforms. An exclusive character may be superior to others, and some might not have access to both systems to unlock these characters. Could be an unfair advantage and I can practically hear people whining already.

edit

Also, limiting these characters to offline play is a solution, but not one I imagine people will be happy about.

They did it Street Fighter X Tekken and there wasn't much backlash.

Yeah, but people kinda don't like that game, right? And the Vita version released well after PS3/360 iirc. It definately wouldn't be much of an issue if the Wii U version released well before the 3DS version or vice versa. That's one way to do it for sure.
#38SMASHKING84Posted 5/27/2013 9:27:08 PM
abbyhitter posted...
- an rpg storyline (with voice acting) for the Adventure Mode
- full customization of stages
- full customization of character outfits
- larger roster than Brawl
- music library
- cutscenes library
- achievements
- swap assist trophies and stickers over StreetPass
- ability to communicate with Wii U version like MH3U
- online battle rooms set up like Code of Princess
- voice chat with people in waiting rooms online

i agree with this post especially stage builder
---
Guess the anagram "Calm Rat Lives"
Correct guesses:
#39UFOLochePosted 5/27/2013 10:38:34 PM
Either new game or make it a portable Melee. Let's just try to ignore the fact that Brawl ever existed.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#40SMASHKING84Posted 5/27/2013 10:43:57 PM
UFOLoche posted...
Either new game or make it a portable Melee. Let's just try to ignore the fact that Brawl ever existed.

itp:i want a rehash.
just go play melee again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxRXWMAFT0
Guess the anagram "Calm Rat Lives" Correct guesses: