Do you think Nintendo has some 3DS bombs to drop at E3?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/27/2013 8:23:10 PM
Do you think Nintendo has some 3DS bombs to drop at E3? - Results (244 votes)
Yes
41.39% (101 votes)
No, there's already a ton of content on the way
13.11% (32 votes)
Maybe one or two...
45.49% (111 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you think they have even more content to announce? I think we are in for at least a couple bombs. Namely:

2D Metroid - I think this is happening at E3 along with a Wii U version. The Wii U version will be Prime-esque with the 3DS version being like Super Metroid. Bang, everyone's happy.

A new Resident Evil - Capcom has the engine in place, it would be foolish not to make at least one more game on 3DS. I think we get a Revelations sequel or other new RE for 3DS at E3.

Kirby - It's about time for a handheld entry. This may be a lock.

Earthbound - Whether it's a new game or 3DS remakes of the first three, I think the time is right and some form of Mother will make it's way to retail on 3DS.

Final Fantasy Type-O - This would be an embarrassing moment for Sony. After all this time, Nintendo is the one to give western fans the game? It's too juicy not to happen, and with Nintendo's current position in helping out localization, it's almost likely imo.

Monolith Soft's 3DS RPG - I think we finally get to see it at E3.
#2chocolatethund4Posted 5/27/2013 8:25:50 PM
My guess is they will probably show off more details and info on the games coming for WiiU and 3ds like mario&luigi and pikmin 3. besides that they may surprise us with AT MOST maybe 3 or 5 new titles. Even then if they are new titles they will probably be going towards wiiU for support.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699 Steam: chocolatethundr5
#3GhetsisPosted 5/27/2013 8:26:50 PM
I really doubt there would be anything Earthbound-related for 3DS. If there was, Nintendo wouldn't be able to count on Earthbound selling Wii Us.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#4MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 8:37:20 PM
I'm well aware that Wii U needs help, and I have one, so I'm hoping for big things. But it just so happens 3DS dev cycles are maturing. I think people are looking forward to Wii U's E3 so much that 3DS is kind of going in as a dark horse.
#5ORANGE666Posted 5/27/2013 9:00:38 PM
Type 0 is already confirmed to be fully translated and there's been voice actors on Twitter saying the Voices for the localization have been done for over a year. SE just doesn't know what to do with it. Something to note, is that SE registered a new trademark a few days ago for Type 0.

First announced = Final Fantasy 13 Agito
Released= Final Fantasy Type 0, then trademarked Type 1 to 3 as well
Now= Final Fantasy Agito

Now its Agito with no 13 reference, and no more Type 0 which was the name the game released with
#6MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 9:09:37 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Type 0 is already confirmed to be fully translated and there's been voice actors on Twitter saying the Voices for the localization have been done for over a year. SE just doesn't know what to do with it. Something to note, is that SE registered a new trademark a few days ago for Type 0.

First announced = Final Fantasy 13 Agito
Released= Final Fantasy Type 0, then trademarked Type 1 to 3 as well
Now= Final Fantasy Agito

Now its Agito with no 13 reference, and no more Type 0 which was the name the game released with

Wow, did not know the game has been fully translated already and they have been sitting on it. Not sure what to think of this - part of me says Vita exclusive, but changing the name like that tells me it could be releasing on another platform.

If Square had any sense the would bring the game to both Vita and 3DS. At this point, why not.

Of course Square being Square...it's coming exclusively to iOS, isn't it. Crap.
#7ORANGE666Posted 5/27/2013 9:17:40 PM
Well it originally started as a iOS game, think of how the apple users felt when it released on psp. Slap in the face
#8MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 9:27:16 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Well it originally started as a iOS game, think of how the apple users felt when it released on psp. Slap in the face

Poor iOS users, my tears are wept for them nightly. Don't worry guys, I'm sure Square will somehow botch the iOS version by making it uglier or something.
#9WickedSickJoshPosted 5/27/2013 9:31:43 PM(edited)
I think the focus will be on the Wii U but we'll still get some kind of announcements. My predictions:

- New Kirby or Metroid title announced
- More info on the new Yoshi game
- More info and official title name for new Legend of Zelda (ALTTP sequel)
- New Pokemon revealed for Pokemon X/Y
- Rough release windows for future VC games (hopefully for Pokemon Red/Blue and Donkey Kong Land)

EDIT: Oh, and some kind of preview for Smash Bros 3DS
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), WWE '13 (360), Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#10OoSubaruoOPosted 5/27/2013 9:31:33 PM
I seriously hope for a new Metroid. Super Metroid can only hold you for so long.