Persona 5

#71UponADarkThornePosted 6/13/2013 7:07:36 PM
ServantOfErieos posted...
FactionsJim posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
Umm, yeah it's not coming to Nintendo.

Persona is too "hardcore" for Nintendo's family image.

The amount of censoring that would be required, would be insane.

Persona is too "hardcore" and yet SMT IV is on 3DS?

SMT is closer to pokemon, persona is the grownups version.

This is a joke, right? Persona, the game that take a lot of influences from the typical shonen anime, is more "grown up" that the mainline SMT games? This has to be a joke. I like the modern Persona games for what they are. I'm doing another playthrough of Persona 3 FES right now - but this is just troll talk.

Also, I find it funny that people act like any MegaTen game ever really requires cutting edge graphics. Every game in the series has been fairly primitive, based on what the system can do. The idea that it needs to be HD is silly as hell.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#72Bancario51Posted 6/13/2013 7:08:03 PM
omg shut up now
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#73Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 8:35:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#74Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 8:24:04 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
Also, I find it funny that people act like any MegaTen game ever really requires cutting edge graphics. Every game in the series has been fairly primitive, based on what the system can do. The idea that it needs to be HD is silly as hell.

That's why the 3DS is the most likely system; it is like the new PS2.
#75jtr219Posted 6/19/2013 8:55:58 AM
Normally I would say that having P5 on the 3DS would be highly unlikely, but there are actually a lot of factors that would make this pretty reasonable:

1. The 3DS has become the go-to system for JRPG's, so many fans who would want to play the game already have the system or will eventually buy it. Their best market is on this system.

2. Atlus has released 6 JRPG's on the 3DS already, showing their confidence in the platform for their type of games. (SMT4, EO4, EO:MG, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 1+2)

3. The development costs for console games have made genuine JRPG's difficult to produce on them, which is one of the reasons they have turned to handhelds instead.

4. Atlus did not release a Persona or SMT game on the PS3, presumably for the above reason. They have instead heavily focused on the handheld market during the last generation. Persona is also a niche series, despite its strong following, so they wouldn't release it on PS just to please fans (think of SMT4).

5. Atlus is not doing well financially, so they need to go where their market is. SMT had a number of games on PS2 but that didn't stop them from bringing it to the 3DS, something that shocked many people but probably made sense for the company.

If I had to guess I would say that it will be out for PS3, but I certainly wouldn't rule out the 3DS based on all the above.
---
NNID: jtr219
#76jtr219Posted 6/19/2013 8:58:09 AM
jtr219 posted...
Normally I would say that having P5 on the 3DS would be highly unlikely, but there are actually a lot of factors that would make this pretty reasonable:

1. The 3DS has become the go-to system for JRPG's, so many fans who would want to play the game already have the system or will eventually buy it. Their best market is on this system. In addition, the 3DS has already outsold the PS3 in Japan, so these two factors together make it very appealing.

2. Atlus has released 6 JRPG's on the 3DS already, showing their confidence in the platform for their type of games. (SMT4, EO4, EO:MG, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 1+2)

3. The development costs for console games have made genuine JRPG's difficult to produce on them, which is one of the reasons they have turned to handhelds instead.

4. Atlus did not release a Persona or SMT game on the PS3, presumably for the above reason. They have instead heavily focused on the handheld market during the last generation. Persona is also a niche series, despite its strong following, so they wouldn't release it on PS just to please fans (think of SMT4).

5. Atlus is not doing well financially, so they need to go where their market is. SMT had a number of games on PS2 but that didn't stop them from bringing it to the 3DS, something that shocked many people but probably made sense for the company.

If I had to guess I would say that it will be out for PS3, but I certainly wouldn't rule out the 3DS based on all the above.

---
NNID: jtr219
#77Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 2:20:50 PM
jtr219 posted...

This system would have the highest potential fanbase.
#78gumbyxcore99Posted 6/19/2013 2:37:16 PM
do people really care which platform a game gets released on?
---
iller than phil schiller
#79Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 4:06:10 PM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
do people really care which platform a game gets released on?

Since not everyone has every platform....yes. Given that SMT4 and the Soul Hackers remake are on 3DS, and since Persona is a spin-off of SMT if.., it would be best if they bring that series over to 3DS/Wii U since they're more accessible than Sony's overpriced game systems.
#80G1ingyPosted 6/19/2013 4:37:30 PM
FilthyLittleBoi posted...
No, persona belongs on playstation.

Juuuuuuuuuuuust like Bayonetta and Monster Hunter?