$20 dollars on E-shop...again...

#11badguyPosted 6/10/2013 1:34:51 PM
Eric_Corona posted...
badguy posted...
Eric_Corona posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
If you end up with some change, I recommend you pick up Dragon Crystal for the Gamegear. Excellent little roguelike in my opinion.

Rougelike?? What is that supposed to be?

Oh, btw, I do have Oracle of Seasons. I forgot to put it there ^^'

a roguelike is like the binding of isaac, the first diablo, nethack, that kind of stuff, where the layout changes each time you start a new game and is suppose to be hard and you pick up items to help you survive.

So, rougelike is...like PMD?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Yea That's kinda roguelike I guess. i havent played them.
---
:3 xbox tag: badguyisevil PSN: AnAngryMarine steam id: iamthebadguy
#12yabPosted 6/10/2013 2:42:21 PM
Picross e when it comes out in a few days.
---
#13FefnirOmega13Posted 6/10/2013 10:19:23 PM
Eric_Corona posted...
badguy posted...
Eric_Corona posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
If you end up with some change, I recommend you pick up Dragon Crystal for the Gamegear. Excellent little roguelike in my opinion.

Rougelike?? What is that supposed to be?

Oh, btw, I do have Oracle of Seasons. I forgot to put it there ^^'

a roguelike is like the binding of isaac, the first diablo, nethack, that kind of stuff, where the layout changes each time you start a new game and is suppose to be hard and you pick up items to help you survive.

So, rougelike is...like PMD?

Essentially. Did you ever play up to Purity Forest/Zero Isle South/whatever the equivalent for Gates is ? Those are essentially as roguelike as PMD can get.

-Each time you start the game, you start the game afresh with nothing but crappy equipment. A sword, a robe, and twenty food points. Object of the game is to find the Holy Grail on 30F by finding stairs.

-Hunger system is similar to PMDs- Your food amount goes down constantly and you need to pick up food to survive- however, food has an instant effect and cannot be stockpiled in inventory. When out of food, you lose HP, until you die.

- Once you die, that's it for most roguelikes in general- game over, go back to the beginning. However, you can continue up to two times for a total of three lives as long as you have enough money- the only point of collecting money in Dragon Crystal.

-Every game is different from the next. Game's pretty much random within reason. You won't find certain weaponry on the first floor, for instance, but all items and enemies are randomised throughout.

It's a really good game IMO, and it's quite cheap for the play time it'll give you- It's given me 40-50 hours already. A nice game to play when there's nothing else to do.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!