The reason there is no pokemon MMO...

#1KittenLinaPosted 6/12/2013 9:44:23 AM
...And why Pokemon Vortex still being up after 4 years despite the shutting down of Pokemon Crater...

...Is because Nintendo is waiting for the next or two gens from now to bring us a Virtual Reality pokemon MMO.

Discuss.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#2EnlinoPosted 6/12/2013 10:27:59 AM
That's stupid. Obviously Nintendo's biologists are still working on making real pokemon to release into the wild so that people can capture and trade pokemon IRL using Nintendo brand pokeballs.
#3tranceaddict19Posted 6/12/2013 10:35:47 AM
Enlino posted...
That's stupid. Obviously Nintendo's biologists are still working on making real pokemon to release into the wild so that people can capture and trade pokemon IRL using Nintendo brand pokeballs.

PETA is against pokemon in a video game, god knows what they would do it if it was real.

I hate PETA more than any organization that has a good cause.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#4BuretsuPosted 6/12/2013 10:40:32 AM
How exactly would a Pokemon MMO differ from normal Pokemon games?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5KittenLina(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 12:11:00 PM
Buretsu posted...
How exactly would a Pokemon MMO differ from normal Pokemon games?

It'd be online all the time, people would play together, and experience things together.

They would see each other fight, get to help in case they need it, and be able to trade anything right there.

There are a lot of ways Pokemon would benefit from an MMO, those are a few of them.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
#6kingjam1Posted 6/12/2013 12:20:34 PM
The reason there is no Pokemon MMO is because there is no need for one. Pokemon is a turn based RPG suited for handhelds not a MMO.
---
Can't think of anything
#7KittenLina(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 12:42:18 PM
kingjam1 posted...
The reason there is no Pokemon MMO is because there is no need for one. Pokemon is a turn based RPG suited for handhelds not a MMO.

And your reasoning?
---
#8GhetsisPosted 6/12/2013 12:43:20 PM
I love Pokemon. And I love MMOs.

That said, Nintendo is so woefully incompetent when it comes to anything online-related, I can't imagine it would turn out well.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9Mega_RatPosted 6/12/2013 12:43:39 PM
Everybody knows there is a fan made MMO using Leaf Green/Fire Reds stuff, right?
---
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1 (use this to go back to normal gamefaqs)
#10KittenLina(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 12:46:49 PM
Mega_Rat posted...
Everybody knows there is a fan made MMO using Leaf Green/Fire Reds stuff, right?

What is it? Personally my favorite is Vortex, since you get three extra kinds to hunt in addition to Shiny and Normal, and they're common enough to not make you want to eat uncontrollably.
---