The reason there is no pokemon MMO...

#11GhetsisPosted 6/12/2013 12:55:33 PM
I never bothered with any of those fan-made games. I tried one, Crater, I think, and it was so stupidly terrible it turned me off of the concept forever. I remember Tail Whip dealing damage...

I don't like custom stuff like "Dark" and "Ancient" Pokemon, either.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#12Rizaadon007Posted 6/12/2013 1:36:33 PM
I never bothered with any of those fan-made games. I tried one, Crater, I think, and it was so stupidly terrible it turned me off of the concept forever. I remember Tail Whip dealing damage...

Don't we already HAVE Dark Pokemon? Like Umbreon? Or do you mean like in the TCG, where you could have something like a Dark Flareon or a dark Raticate or something?
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#13EvenglarePosted 6/12/2013 1:39:36 PM
Ghetsis posted...

Dark pokemon exist in canon games. I have never seen such a blatant fail in my life.
---
The Game. When you think about the game you lose the game. You just lost the game. Welcome to the game.
#14GhetsisPosted 6/12/2013 1:47:03 PM
Evenglare posted...
Ghetsis posted...

Dark pokemon exist in canon games. I have never seen such a blatant fail in my life.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Vortex#Unique_Pok.C3.A9mon

Dark Pokémon
These Pokémon have stronger attack power.

Yeah, no.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#15NettoSaitoPosted 6/12/2013 2:37:07 PM
There's actually a lot of fan games out there. There's one that uses the games themselves to connect to a server for example. I've never bothered trying them though/never plan to.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [Reviews, and more] - http://www.nettosgameroom.com/
#16AjidoMarujidoPosted 6/17/2013 5:47:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJVA-7ZN56Q

Old, but fairly relevant to the topic.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- The Last of Us (PS3), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#17NaitoOkamiPosted 6/23/2013 9:41:47 PM
tranceaddict19 posted...
Enlino posted...
That's stupid. Obviously Nintendo's biologists are still working on making real pokemon to release into the wild so that people can capture and trade pokemon IRL using Nintendo brand pokeballs.

PETA is against pokemon in a video game, god knows what they would do it if it was real.

I hate PETA more than any organization that has a good cause.

I'm fairly certain even PETA would disband if a few hundred new species that could breath fire, ice, shoot rocks, etc. suddenly came into existence, as they wouldn't need humans to look after them. I'm also fairly certain that if pokemon were made real, every species that exists now would become endangered from pokemon hunting them for food.
#18rego84Posted 6/23/2013 10:30:19 PM
KittenLina posted...
Mega_Rat posted...
Everybody knows there is a fan made MMO using Leaf Green/Fire Reds stuff, right?

What is it? Personally my favorite is Vortex, since you get three extra kinds to hunt in addition to Shiny and Normal, and they're common enough to not make you want to eat uncontrollably.

Just google PokeMMO and you should be able to find it. (Its literally called PokeMMO, but I feel if I just said that, it may have been a bit confusing :p )