Any chance Nintendo may make a new model?

#1Samsaric_SpiralPosted 6/12/2013 1:46:34 PM
I have a feeling they'll release a new one soon.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but there was barely any press release when the Gameboy Micro was released. I was like, "Wtf? This is obviously worse than the Gameboy SP, yet they released another? Why?"

Neither the 3DS XL nor the standard 3DS sound optimal to me. Why not make a middle-way between the two? Seems like the best way to resolve the pixel issues on XL and the cramped directional pad on the standard...
#2rizsparkyPosted 6/12/2013 3:31:11 PM
I doubt anytime soon, maybe at the end of its life-cycle. If it does, it will probably be a similar size to the original 3DS but with the design, battery life and ergonomics of the XL. The best of both worlds.
---
PSN: Rizsparky
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#3Mariofan15Posted 6/12/2013 3:34:34 PM
They did last freaking year -_-. Christ. Why do people think they'll release another damn model after releasing the XL last year? It would be stupid of them to do so.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 6/12/2013 3:41:46 PM
i made a topic about this yesterday, and yet people still believe there's a new model coming, despite nothing being mentioned at e3. wow. people are dumb.
#5PsychoWolfXPosted 6/12/2013 3:48:45 PM
We might get a new modle at some point, but I can't see it happeneing for at least another year or so. I'm holding out hope thet there will be a Pokemon X/Y XL bundle, if not, I'll probably be sticking with my original 3DS 'til it gives out on me (which is hopefully a long way off.) *knocks on wood*
#6RPGNinja123Posted 6/12/2013 3:52:30 PM
rizsparky posted...
I doubt anytime soon, maybe at the end of its life-cycle. If it does, it will probably be a similar size to the original 3DS but with the design, battery life and ergonomics of the XL. The best of both worlds.

Huh what??? nobody wants the size of the original 3DS unless you have midget hands.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#7GambitAcePosted 6/12/2013 3:55:19 PM
There's honestly no way of knowing, especially in NA. If you keep that mindset on you'll just always make the same excuse not to get one.

But I could safely say that there is NO new model coming out anytime soon. The regular and XL models are more than enough to please their market, so an "in-between" solution wouldn't be financially viable for them. Maybe some new colors, but no new model.
---
how do you turn this on?
#8ThatSageGuyPosted 6/12/2013 3:58:14 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
rizsparky posted...

Huh what??? nobody wants the size of the original 3DS unless you have midget hands.

Just like nobody wants the XL unless you have giant hands.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#9wentzelotPosted 6/12/2013 3:58:48 PM
i have small hands and still the XL is more comfy
#10rizsparkyPosted 6/12/2013 4:00:53 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
rizsparky posted...

I have both consoles and the only problem I have with the OG 3DS is that is in uncomfortable to hold. Incorporating the XL's design would be a great benefit imo.
---
PSN: Rizsparky
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987