Downloading Animal Crossing at midnight for free

#1MC LinkPosted 6/13/2013 5:07:45 AM
Hi there!

I chose AC:NL for my So Many Games promotion free game; I was hoping to download at midnight tonight.

Now, Nintendo have stated that they will mail me a download code shortly after release; yet I know that many people who chose Donkey Kong Country Returns were able to download at midnight by going to download history or something? I wasn't around at the time so couldn't get all the details so could somebody shed some light on this?

I imagine it would be similar to how we patch games or how we downloaded our Ambassador games?

Many thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Yay! EU get's Animal Crossing in 3D at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Have a great day, you look magnificent...
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!
#2ServantOfErieosPosted 6/13/2013 5:13:09 AM
MC Link posted...
Hi there!

I chose AC:NL for my So Many Games promotion free game; I was hoping to download at midnight tonight.

Now, Nintendo have stated that they will mail me a download code shortly after release; yet I know that many people who chose Donkey Kong Country Returns were able to download at midnight by going to download history or something? I wasn't around at the time so couldn't get all the details so could somebody shed some light on this?

I imagine it would be similar to how we patch games or how we downloaded our Ambassador games?

Many thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Yay! EU get's Animal Crossing in 3D at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Have a great day, you look magnificent...

I have no idea if the same will apply but I'm hoping so.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#3Lord_XandrosPosted 6/13/2013 5:24:26 AM
I thought it was releasing on the 16th for the promotion?
#4noutBrPosted 6/13/2013 5:35:33 AM
I purposely chose to buy AC:NL as my third game just so I can be 100% sure to be able to download and play it as soon as it is released on the eShop and not have troubles with the free game promotion code or something like that.

I decided to pick DKC:R as my 4th (free) game and because I already own and completed the Wii version I don't mind waiting before I can download it.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#5SuperSahPosted 6/13/2013 5:47:05 AM
It's supposed to be on your Club Nintendo webpage at midnight. My friends who got DKCR3D said so.
#62ylytPosted 6/13/2013 5:48:34 AM
Can someone explain to me how this contest works? I just bought a 3DS with no games, and I don't have any money to buy any soon ;__; This contest might help me get a free game?
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
#7ServantOfErieosPosted 6/13/2013 5:53:14 AM
2ylyt posted...
Can someone explain to me how this contest works? I just bought a 3DS with no games, and I don't have any money to buy any soon ;__; This contest might help me get a free game?

You need to buy three of the eight featured games, then register them all before 30th June.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#82ylytPosted 6/13/2013 5:55:13 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
2ylyt posted...

You need to buy three of the eight featured games, then register them all before 30th June.

Oh... that sucks ;_; I guess I'm still stuck with demos for now then...
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
#9MC Link(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 8:16:24 AM
Great stuff; so log in after midnight, go to the eStore and redeem code? Fantastic :)

Fingers crossed!!!!
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!
#10MotiJrPosted 6/13/2013 8:32:22 AM
MC Link posted...
Great stuff; so log in after midnight, go to the eStore and redeem code? Fantastic :)

Fingers crossed!!!!

Don't you need your code though? What I mean is, how can you download at midnight without them sending you the code for it?
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D