Solid games I may not have heard about? Possibly buying a 3DS soon

#11Genericgamer667Posted 6/13/2013 9:31:30 AM
I have put tons of hours into kid icarus uprising, you may or may not like the controls. if you do it's a great and hilarious game
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#12AlbinosquidPosted 6/13/2013 9:35:35 AM
Samurai Warriors Chronicles

At least give it a look. Its a really fun game.
---
I Am Female, Canadian, and a Niche Gamer
#13DynamicJumpIuffPosted 6/13/2013 9:36:47 AM
Etrian Odyssey IV
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#14Makeveli_livesPosted 6/13/2013 10:12:21 AM
Buy RE: Revelations and Kingdom Hearts 3D if you're a fan of either series.

But avoid Sonic Generations. Console versions blow it out of the water and unless you get a lot of streetpasses, you'll be forced to use play coins to unlock all of the content in the game and that will take months.
---
3DS FC: 0087-2410-1340
#15Habefiet(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:09:13 PM
Digging the responses I got

Thanks much all

In particular Devil Survivor and Etrian Odyssey look siiiiick and RE and Shinobi look moderately legit too

To those who recommended that Samurai Warriors game, wanna give a little additional input on it? That's the only game I saw on here that really didn't have great critical reception, and I'm just wondering what about it you all think the critics missed

Probably buying the system tomorrow (should I get a regular one or an XL :P) and will probably only get those big three I cited in the initial post because $$$ and because having too many good games to swap between would destroy my social life and make it difficult to go to work even though I like my job, but a couple of these games just shot up on the interest list and will probably end up owned by me in the future thanks to all y'all <3

Special shoutouts to the folks who cautioned me RE: Scribblenauts/Sonic, I appreciate the tips
#16MereMarePosted 6/13/2013 11:28:35 PM
Consider:
Style Savvy: Trendsetters
Rune Factory 4
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#17Primum_MobilePosted 6/14/2013 12:22:43 AM
if you played starfox 64 before then you should probably remove it, unless your nostalgic glasses is really thick. it's just the same game.

also second Kid Icarus: Uprising.

2 harvest moon on 3ds, the newer one ("a new beginning" i think) is better.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#18AAngelEyesPosted 6/14/2013 1:12:58 AM
I would get Harvest Moon: A New Beginning because you can spend hours playing that game!
Or you can get Animal Crossing: New Leaf (just came out). I personally love Animal Crossing way more than Harvest Moon. Your choice!

I would get another game w/ more RPG like or that you can beat! Like Fire Emblem, etc.

HM:ANB or AC:NL for pick up and play or pick up and play for hours! And a beatable game for fun!
---
FC for Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3179-7496-0635
#19NathanisDrakePosted 6/14/2013 1:28:47 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned Monster Hunter.

Shame on you, 3ds board!
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma
#20legendarylemurPosted 6/14/2013 1:31:19 AM
There are too many games that are essential to the 3DS now. All of these suggestions are essential lol. One of my personal fav is Etrian Odyssey 4, but there's also Tales of the Abyss and Kid Icarus. Theatrhythm is also a good one, and from the e-shop, Pushmo and Aura Aura Climber
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
http://gaminglunatic.drupalgardens.com/ hello. this is my blog. thank you.