Is it bad if I'm getting Game Gear games instead of the actual system?

#1CubeTVPosted 6/13/2013 5:37:06 PM
I'm normally someone who always buys a game in it's original format unless it's a system I do not have. It feels a bit weird that I've already bought all the Game Gear games that are currently on the e-shop. Normally I'd just emulate it but I don't know of any emulator for this handheld. It almost feels like a completely new handheld because of it (or at least a expansion of the 3DS). Then again, I wasn't born when the GG was made and I have never seen one in person. Has anybody else bought the games off here instead of trying to get the actual cartage or emulator?
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#2Baha05Posted 6/13/2013 5:38:48 PM
Yes
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3abbeldydooPosted 6/13/2013 5:41:09 PM
I got a GG way back in the day when i was in middle school for Christmas,i remember playing Sonic while riding around in the back of the car looking at Christmas lights people had put up in fancy neighborhoods.Im crying now...you did this TC!
---
Don't mod me bro.
3DS FC - 0103-9648-8189
#4x_stevey_xPosted 6/13/2013 5:46:11 PM
i had a gamegear.. took 6 batteries and they died in like an hour.. eww
#5Kinneth123Posted 6/13/2013 5:47:29 PM
When my uncle was younger I saw him play a Sonic game on a GameGear, but that was ages ago and that's about all the exposure I'd had to them.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#6abbeldydooPosted 6/13/2013 5:57:56 PM
x_stevey_x posted...

Yeah,the GG was a beast.Had some good games though,especially for that time.
---
3DS Name - Dookie Animal Crossing New Leaf town name - Stankton
3DS FC - 0103-9648-8189
#7x_stevey_xPosted 6/13/2013 5:59:55 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
x_stevey_x posted...

Yeah,the GG was a beast.Had some good games though,especially for that time.

i had some sonics and a football game for it. i'd mostly use it on car trips but the batteries would always die on me mid game.. eventually i just gave up and only played with a power adapter and then ended up selling it at a garage sale
#8ObtuseAnginaPosted 6/13/2013 6:01:12 PM
x_stevey_x posted...

Still had better battery life than the Turbo Express
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#9AppleJockRidaPosted 6/13/2013 6:08:52 PM
Is it bad if I want to purchase a hacked psp just to emulate older nintendo games and play mario world hacks?
#10Starwars4JPosted 6/13/2013 6:12:21 PM
CubeTV posted...
Then again, I wasn't born when the GG was made and I have never seen one in person.

...wow
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade