Is it bad if I'm getting Game Gear games instead of the actual system?

#11Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/13/2013 5:22:36 PM
I just remember playing Columns on the department store demo unit every time I'd go shopping with my folks. I didn't get a GameGear for myself until they were clearanced at Toys R Us for cheap. Got it along with Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog, and a rechargeable battery pack for around $90, I think.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#12Anti HeroPosted 6/13/2013 5:27:21 PM
ObtuseAngina posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
i had a gamegear.. took 6 batteries and they died in like an hour.. eww

Still had better battery life than the Turbo Express

Which about the same as or slight better than the Nomad.
---
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
#13LaManoNeraIIPosted 6/13/2013 5:27:44 PM
I'd rather play the 3DS with full 3D, upside down, at an angle, on a roller coast than ever play a GameGear again.

That being said, I think I myself will go on a GG eShop buying spree!
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#14ecco6t9Posted 6/13/2013 10:17:27 PM
I have owned everything originally with the exception of Shinobi.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#15strongo9Posted 6/13/2013 10:27:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16n00bsaib0tPosted 6/13/2013 10:31:34 PM
Except for Metroid and Metroid II I own every VC game I have in cartridge format. I love to actually own my favorite games, I buy them again for ease of access on one system.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#17CubeTV(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 11:04:11 PM
Really strongo9? I have one of those. Didn't know that. Still, I prefer to get them on the eshop because of 3D and (from my experience), it seems like the resolution looks better.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#18OoSubaruoOPosted 6/13/2013 11:08:18 PM
I just purchase them off the eShop. I don't feel the need to spend money on any more consoles right now. Especially since I'm running out of room to store them in.
#1990sRetroGamingPosted 6/13/2013 11:19:36 PM
No.

I have a Game Gear and originals to eight physical games for it, including two of yesterday's eshop releases: Super Columns and Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya.

I just downloaded Super Columns from the eShop last night, along with Sonic 1 and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, which previously i never own the original physical copies of.

I also have the original physical Game Gear releases of Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos. guess what i'm going to do when these are finally put up on the eShop?.

IMO, it's worth it downloading from the eShop, even if you already own the original physical releases. why?. in my case (if you're like and own one) i have an XL of the 3DS. because of this i can play these games in a 90% bigger image over the original small 3.2 in Game Gear screen.. which is awsome! :).

I can also map all buttons to my liking, change the screen size to normal (as big as a DS game's image), Dot by Dot (gives you an image of the original Game Gear while preserving the "original" resolution/screen size of the Game Gear itself), and the last one (can't remember the name) that fills up the entire top screen by stretching the image (fake widescreen).

Also the filter option and of course (the most important feature).. save states/restore points.. something the original games didn't feature. that alone makes the games worth rebuying.

I playing through Sonic 1 GG now on my XL in "normal" mode.. looks and plays great. IMO you made a good choice! :).
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#20AkaneJonesPosted 6/14/2013 12:04:42 AM
There are are plenty of Game Gear emulators but they are all Sega Master System emus first. I would also say there quality sucks, it's not like NES and GB emus. I don't get why the people who put those together do that but Sega ones lack so much of what was put into most Nintendo ones. It confuses me actually considering Sega is the dead company on Saturn really could use it.

As for an actual Game Gear you either need a AC adapter or 12 rechargeable batteries and 6 slot charger. It's a hassle to use, I put mine away because my AC adapter is broken.