[POLL] Touch Screen: Do you use the stylus, or your finger?

#1MwulfPosted 6/13/2013 9:19:17 PM
Do you use your stylus or finger on the touch screen, and is it scratched? - Results (172 votes)
I mostly use the stylus, and my screen is perfect.
55.81% (96 votes)
I mostly use my finger, and my screen is perfect.
32.56% (56 votes)
I mostly use the stylus, and my screen is scratched.
11.05% (19 votes)
I mostly use my finger, and my screen is scratched.
0.58% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I MUST KNOW.

I mostly use the sytlus, but lately I've been using my finger for things.... yeah, I've got a HORI screen protector applied, but still, I can't help but worry my stupid fat fingers will cleave the screen in half.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#2Silver LegendPosted 6/13/2013 9:30:59 PM
The issue with using my finger is the amount smudges it leaves on the screen due to finger oils. The problem I find with using a Stylus is that it's going to scratch your screen eventually, because you're basically pressing hard plastic against a soft screen. The scratching and finger oil issues stopped bothering me after I got a screen protector.
---
A hero dies, but a legend lives on forever
#3xIvan321Posted 6/13/2013 10:04:38 PM(edited)
Since its resistive touch screen, I have to use a stylus for the best precision and for me the best control scheme ever for me. I choose the first one because I fall under a loophole where I am using a screen protector. Screen protectors tend to get scratched more easily than when the touch screen is completely naked. Although I do agree that 3DS touch screens will eventually be scratched but as long as you take proper care and don't put enormous amount of pressure the screens will always look like they were new. I played Metroid Prime Hunters for about 2 years on the DS Lite and the touch screen still looks fine to me only because I cared for it very well.
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611. MPH expert of the Kid Icarus Uprising boards
3DS chat: http://xat.com/mph93 SKYPE: xIvan321_
#4ukokira1Posted 6/13/2013 10:30:56 PM
Stylus.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
AND IT WILL FLOW! LIKE A FLOOD OF PAIN!
#5Pork_buttonmashPosted 6/13/2013 10:40:47 PM
I go both ways... like a bisexual.
#6Primum_MobilePosted 6/13/2013 11:19:48 PM
>_> where's partial options?
i use stylus mostly, but for game w/ only a few touch screen control and a lot of real bottoms control (e.g. FEA), i use finger.
I stopped caring about screen scratches after my 2nd ds lite.
but i guess my screens look alright. of course, it hasn't been put through the rigorous torture that was EBA/Ouendan....
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#7GoldenSun3DSPosted 6/14/2013 12:47:27 AM
Primum_Mobile posted...
but for game w/ only a few touch screen control and a lot of real bottoms control (e.g. FEA), i use finger.

So... you like to finger bottoms instead of with a stylus? >_>
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#8Primum_MobilePosted 6/14/2013 1:09:33 AM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Primum_Mobile posted...
but for game w/ only a few touch screen control and a lot of real bottoms control (e.g. FEA), i use finger.

So... you like to finger bottoms instead of with a stylus? >_>

... yes, yes that's exactly what i like to do <_<
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#9Lord_XandrosPosted 6/14/2013 1:17:45 AM
I use both, depending on if I'm feeling lazy or not.
#10WiiFan77Posted 6/14/2013 6:59:36 AM
I mostly use my finger, and my screen is perfect. People complaining about having to take out their stylus need to try it.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.