Which Is More Easily Lost?

#11wentzelotPosted 6/14/2013 12:36:07 PM
Starwars4J posted...
wentzelot posted...
if a 3ds is broke, nintendo will recover your digital goods when you send it in for repair or replacement

if a cartridge is broke...tough cookies

My Lord, how would you break a cartridge? In all my years of gaming I've never come close to managing that

step on it , dog/cat gets a hold of it, fire/flood, many other ways i assume. i've purchased a couple used games over the years that didn't work .. luckily got refunds on them all.
#12Starwars4JPosted 6/14/2013 12:37:39 PM
wentzelot posted...
step on it , dog/cat gets a hold of it, fire/flood, many other ways i assume. i've purchased a couple used games over the years that didn't work .. luckily got refunds on them all.

How do you store your games that you could step on it or have an animal chew it up? Regardless carts are pretty damn sturdy, if we were talking about SNES age carts I might understand stepping on it...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#13WiiFan77Posted 6/14/2013 12:39:44 PM
KaiRyusaki posted...
Your question is extremely biased for no good reason. I'll rephrase for you.

What's easier lost.
A handheld console
Or a physical copy of a game?

the answer is the game. but deep down you suck if you lose either of these

---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#14wentzelotPosted 6/14/2013 12:40:04 PM
Starwars4J posted...
wentzelot posted...

How do you store your games that you could step on it or have an animal chew it up? Regardless carts are pretty damn sturdy, if we were talking about SNES age carts I might understand stepping on it...

let's say you go to take the game out of your system.. you accidentally drop it. you stand up to look for it and *crunch* oops. very easy to imagine.. even for careful people. accidents happen.

regardless i have personally come into contact with a few broken ds games that look fine on the outside.. so they do break. possibly without even physical damage occurring to them or poor care.
#15wentzelotPosted 6/14/2013 12:41:52 PM
the real question would be how does one lose an entire 3ds console?
#16Starwars4JPosted 6/14/2013 12:47:34 PM
wentzelot posted...
let's say you go to take the game out of your system.. you accidentally drop it. you stand up to look for it and *crunch* oops. very easy to imagine.. even for careful people. accidents happen.

I suppose that's possible, I've just never personally experienced it. And like I said, the carts are sturdy as hell

wentzelot posted...
the real question would be how does one lose an entire 3ds console?

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204406

It's much easier to lose a console than a cart. You're carrying it around outside (loose) with you. You put it down for a second, it slips, etc. You don't realize until you got home and...oops! Gone! Though broken consoles also apply to this. And stolen.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#17fallenKlNGPosted 6/14/2013 5:00:43 PM(edited)
Obviously the physical copy of the game is easier lost. I'm pretty sure TC's not so dumb that he actually has to ask. He's just trying to prove a point and is trying to say that digital downloads are superior.

Most people prefer physical copies, but it's not because they think it's more difficult to lose (which it's not). Here's why I personally prefer a physical copy:

1. It can be cheaper, depending on where you get it. In addition, I may even be able to get a refund if I don't like the game depending on where I buy the game from. Gamestop for example allows you to return a pre-owned game within 7 days for a full refund simply if you don't like it. A digital copy allows neither the option to get a refund nor does it usually offer a discount price that you'd get for buying a used game.

2. Physical copies save memory space on your SD card.

3. I can share the game with someone else, trade it it for another game either with a game store or with a buddy, or I can sell it if I need extra cash.

4. Regardless of what I said earlier, I may sometimes still be in danger of losing my 3DS, or I may even get it stolen if I'm extremely not careful. Neither has never happened to me yet, but it wouldn't be that uncommon for such a thing to happen. If such a tragedy occurs, it would be really bad if all my games were digital downloads. Most people would have their games somewhere else if they lose their 3DS so it's a lot less risky.

5. If you break your 3DS and all your games were digital downloads, that would be really bad. If your games were all physical, you could get a new 3DS. Then again, I'm not sure how it works... there's probably a way to restore your digital downloads if you break your 3DS but it's probably a lot more trouble than it would be if you simply had physical games.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#18strongo9Posted 6/14/2013 5:25:53 PM
Which can be bought over a decade from now when the 3DS is discontinued?

A digital game when the 3DS eshop's servers are down or a physical game when it's dirt cheap on Ebay or Amazon?
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#190-172Posted 6/14/2013 5:39:02 PM
strongo9 posted...
Which can be bought over a decade from now when the 3DS is discontinued?

A digital game when the 3DS eshop's servers are down or a physical game when it's dirt cheap on Ebay or Amazon?

That isn't the question though.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#20vu_cometPosted 6/14/2013 5:39:41 PM
Good luck lending a friend your copy of a game, or selling it, when you are done with it if you go digital.

The only good thing I can think of with digital games is if you can't find a rare game unless you are willing to pay many moneys on it.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
Van Morrison is still a really cool cat. O.K.?