Any talk of a new model 3DS?

#1HeartbreakKid37Posted 6/14/2013 11:57:54 AM
I have only had my 3DS for a year but the hinge is kind of broken. Considering getting another one. Just didn't want to get another one right before a new model comes out.

Like when it clicks on each spot it goes to when I open the screen if I move it much or like put the back of my finger against the back screen it moves slightly maybe a quarter inch back and forth. Thats not normal is it?
---
Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats, San Antonio Spurs, and Carolina Panthers... No other sport really matters to me.
#2Starwars4JPosted 6/14/2013 11:59:39 AM
Yup, from all of the trolls.

Oh, you mean from Nintendo? Nope! There's nothing left to change.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3wentzelotPosted 6/14/2013 11:59:51 AM
there's lots of talk about one
#4BuretsuPosted 6/14/2013 12:00:23 PM
None whatsoever, unless you count the number of times people have predicted one would be announced only to end up being completely wrong.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5HeartbreakKid37(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:02:04 PM
Happen to notice I didn't put XL it is an XL that I have.
---
Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats, San Antonio Spurs, and Carolina Panthers... No other sport really matters to me.
#6BuretsuPosted 6/14/2013 12:02:45 PM
HeartbreakKid37 posted...
Happen to notice I didn't put XL it is an XL that I have.

I'm given to understand that's normal for an XL, as they gave the hinge more leeway for less chance of breaking.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7HeartbreakKid37(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:05:21 PM
Yeah it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it is my head, but yeah I am searching topics now and it seems like its a normal thing.
---
#8ZanimarPosted 6/14/2013 12:18:33 PM
HeartbreakKid37 posted...
Like when it clicks on each spot it goes to when I open the screen if I move it much or like put the back of my finger against the back screen it moves slightly maybe a quarter inch back and forth. Thats not normal is it?

I'd say it's pretty normal. Mine does it as well. I'd imagine it's cause they don't want to risk any more repeats of the DSlite fiasco with broken hinges left and right so they make them looser so they have less chance to break. Though I'll admit, it's one of the 2 things I miss having with a normal 3DS, but the bigger screen and more comfortable feel outweighs the two issues I have. :p
---
PSN - Ruxl
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#9SalogyPosted 6/14/2013 12:22:01 PM
That is normal for an XL. I have that on my red and ACNL XLs.

Nothing about new models from E3.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#10WiiFan77Posted 6/14/2013 3:28:31 PM
That's a shame, I've been waiting for the XL to drop in price.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.