Which do you enjoy playing more: Mario games or Zelda games?

#1MACH0Posted 6/14/2013 7:00:11 PM
Which one of the 2 franchises, do you enjoy playing more? - Results (833 votes)
Mario games
29.05% (242 votes)
Zelda games
65.79% (548 votes)
Neither
5.16% (43 votes)
This poll is now closed.
You HAVE to pick 1.
I know most enjoy both, but pick 1.

Based on all history of the 2 franchises, since the NES days till now.

Even though I adore both, im more into Mario games..
#2MwulfPosted 6/14/2013 7:11:46 PM
Zelda games are more consistently awesome, and Mario games involve a -lot- of shovelware.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#3SMASHKING84Posted 6/14/2013 7:17:07 PM
mario zelda hasn't been good in 7 years.
---
Go ahead hate me it's all part of my plan.
#4Pork_buttonmashPosted 6/14/2013 7:20:09 PM
Last great Mario game I play was on the 64.
#5U_Cant_CE_MePosted 6/14/2013 7:22:29 PM
Zelda games tend to have better story (obviously), much better music and far more longer paced, so that.
#6GhetsisPosted 6/14/2013 7:39:46 PM
Neither. I quit Zelda after TP, and have no interest in the older games because of stupid waggle. LttP2 does look promising, though.

Mario, I quit after, again, waggle. And NSMB being really, really bad.

I adore the older games, though, and can still have a blast playing them. I love nearly every pre-TP Zelda game, but I don't think I love any of them as much as I love Super Mario Sunshine and World.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#7SMASHKING84Posted 6/14/2013 7:41:12 PM
Ghetsis posted...
Neither. I quit Zelda after TP, and have no interest in the older games because of stupid waggle. LttP2 does look promising, though.

I adore the older games, though, and can still have a blast playing them. I love nearly every pre-TP Zelda game, but I don't think I love any of them as much as I love Super Mario Sunshine and World.

did you even play the gcn version of tp?
---
#8Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 6/14/2013 7:44:53 PM
Zelda.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and The 3rd Birthday| youtube.com/GamingAndASMR
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#9GhetsisPosted 6/14/2013 7:45:25 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Ghetsis posted...

did you even play the gcn version of tp?

Yep. Gave it a try, went through the first dungeon (which I remember taking forever,) and it didn't hook me. Not bad, but it was certainly nowhere near the quality of the older games, Zelda 1 and single-player FSA not withstanding.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#10SMASHKING84Posted 6/14/2013 7:52:17 PM
i know i sound like i nag but at least play half the game...
---