easiest way to make money in a new leaf?

#1FlyinTonitePosted 6/14/2013 10:56:29 PM
Topic, just upgraded my house for the 2nd time and that nearly 100,000 bell debt isn't getting any smaller, plus I just got the ability to build public works, need some tips on making some fast bells? I do sell a bunch of stuff but I've been donating a lot of stuff to the museum as well.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#2pbandjamesPosted 6/14/2013 10:58:59 PM
I'm glad we don't have dedicated boards for these things, because I know the answer to everything.
---
Game news is the best news.
#3WitchBaby4200Posted 6/14/2013 11:12:08 PM
Once you unlock the island you'll be golden. Also, please check the AC:NL message board here on GF.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#4IronTuskPosted 6/15/2013 2:11:44 AM
1) Unlock the island.
2) Set your town ordinance to "wealthy."
3) Chop down all the trees and remove all the flowers from the middle of the island.
4) Walk a circle around the island's perimeter with your bug catching net, sneaking up on the extremely valuable beetles and stags nesting on the beach trees. Also keep an eye out for sharks to fish for.
5) Collect 40 of these expensive bugs and sharks, and transfer them back to your village.

This should net you over 300,000 shells per trip.
---
https://twitter.com/arthurvonnagel
#5QuantumWolfPosted 6/20/2013 4:16:16 PM
But if they're chopped down, they're gone forever, right?

Unless the island has them grow back every trip?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2752-8950-5906
#6spealfan444Posted 6/20/2013 4:22:39 PM
IronTusk posted...
1) Unlock the island.
3) Chop down all the trees and remove all the flowers from the middle of the island.
4) Walk a circle around the island's perimeter with your bug catching net, sneaking up on the extremely valuable beetles and stags nesting on the beach trees. Also keep an eye out for sharks to fish for.
5) Collect 40 of these expensive bugs and sharks, and transfer them back to your village.

How do you bring your bug net there? They took it away from me when I went there.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#7vu_cometPosted 6/20/2013 4:25:08 PM
spealfan444 posted...
IronTusk posted...
1) Unlock the island.

How do you bring your bug net there? They took it away from me when I went there.

Outside of the Cabin speak to Liodd, or whatever his name is, and he will let you borrow one.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
Van Morrison is still a really cool cat. O.K.?
#8MetalShadow438Posted 6/20/2013 4:27:36 PM
QuantumWolf posted...
But if they're chopped down, they're gone forever, right?

Unless the island has them grow back every trip?

You can buy saplings at the island store, and you can collect fruit from the tours and plant them on the island.
---
http://i.imgur.com/piMWR.gif
3DS FC: 3652 1490 4347