Is the 3DS worth buying for an RPG/Nintendo fan?

#21Deimos259Posted 6/15/2013 1:31:15 PM
3DS is only worth it for the RPG/Nintendo games, so yes

Get FFIV DS. Superior version of the most superior game.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#22ObtuseAnginaPosted 6/15/2013 1:40:46 PM
Question. have you ever played the original Final Fantasy IV before?

it was called Final Fantasy 2 on the SNES, there was also a PS1 port that came with chrono trigger called Final Fantasy Chronicles. the final fantasy included in that port was the original Japanese version AKA Hard Type.

the DS version is really good too, but the PSP version is better.

Final Fantasy IV is my favorite in the series.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#23dmaster342Posted 6/15/2013 1:41:55 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Hardley_Smith posted...
there are 16 games you're interested in and you're asking us whether it'd be worth it to you?

lol

I don't know which ones are worth it though :p

You listed quite a few excellent games that are probably more than half of that list (come on, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, and OoT? Those you don't even need to _ask_ if they're worth it. All are masterpiece classics) so yeah, I'd say a 3DS is worth it.
---
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!
#24theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 1:53:06 PM
dmaster342 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Hardley_Smith posted...
there are 16 games you're interested in and you're asking us whether it'd be worth it to you?

lol

I don't know which ones are worth it though :p

You listed quite a few excellent games that are probably more than half of that list (come on, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, and OoT? Those you don't even need to _ask_ if they're worth it. All are masterpiece classics) so yeah, I'd say a 3DS is worth it.

Yeah I think I'll go ahead and buy a 3DS :)
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#25ObtuseAnginaPosted 6/15/2013 1:58:29 PM
Hmmm well I see you never played Final Fantasy IV before. While I think the PSP version is best because it has the better added features compared to the DS version, the DS version is great too and is well worth a playthrough.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#26confettistormPosted 6/15/2013 6:38:25 PM(edited)
No offense, but did you just list 16 games you are interested in for a system and then ask whether it's worth buying?

I don't even have 16 games for any of the systems I actually own.

And you're missing Tales of the Abyss, Etrian Odyssey series, SMT series and it's spin-offs and Rune Factory 4.
You have Birth by Sleep, but you missed Dream Drop Distance.

So, short answer. YES.
#27CcroybbPosted 6/15/2013 7:01:08 PM
For the Shin Megami Tensei games, you should keep an eye out on Devil Survivor Overclocked and Strange Journey, as well as SMT IV releasing in July and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record, which is an updated 3DS version of Devil Survivor 2, releasing later this year.

Also, I highly recommend Tales of the Abyss, unless you have it for the PS2 already.
---
The ideal 8th Generation console combination: 3DS, Wii U, and PS4