ITT:3DS System Transfers???

#1WilDaThrillPosted 6/15/2013 7:28:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can transfer data/licenses from one Regular 3DS over to a SE 3DS like my Fire Emblem one AND still keep the DLC Content from the the SE system? In this case my Fire Emblem game..? Was hoping I could get a 2nd SD card for that so I can keep all the games my friend downloaded before he gets rid of his system and trades it in for credit towards a WiiU and PS4!
#2WilDaThrill(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 7:33:09 PM
Also, can you do the data transfer w.o a WiFi connection? One of not many free WiFi hotspots nearby on my side of town so I am hoping to see if there is a cable that can be used.... Stupid to ask over the net I know, but my internet at home doesn't let
Me connect on my 3Ds!!
#3TinyTim123Posted 6/15/2013 7:35:08 PM
You will have to redownload everything that was bought on the SE system, and save files for digital games from that system will not work anymore.
Also, friend codes, Find Mii stuff and everything else will be lost.
There is no way to do a system transfer without WiFi, sorry.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#4SalogyPosted 6/15/2013 8:15:51 PM(edited)
DLC is also saved to the SD card. The target system always looses all of it's data and merges eShops with the source system. You transfer the SD card licenses during the transfer and you do need a wifi connection. It took me 20 minutes to do my transfer to my ACNL 3DS XL. I have cable too if that matters. Heard people have taken an hour to do theirs before.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#5WilDaThrill(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 9:15:27 AM
Does anyone know if you can complete a system transfer over a 3G created WiFi Hotspot??? I've attempted this recently and seem to be stuck at the fifth and final step-the eShop transfer... Everything else went smoothly but at this point it tells me (both 3DSs I mean) that I've lost my internet connection!!! This is the ONLY way I can think to do the transfer, but even tethering my 3DS to a phone based internet connection won't let me download content it appears...

Has anyone else done the transfer via 3G or 4G?
#6t41tGjrPosted 6/17/2013 10:31:15 AM
WilDaThrill posted...
Does anyone know if you can complete a system transfer over a 3G created WiFi Hotspot??? I've attempted this recently and seem to be stuck at the fifth and final step-the eShop transfer... Everything else went smoothly but at this point it tells me (both 3DSs I mean) that I've lost my internet connection!!! This is the ONLY way I can think to do the transfer, but even tethering my 3DS to a phone based internet connection won't let me download content it appears...

Yeah, it worked fine for me, but some providers have devices that specifically block this kind of port usage (don't know why). I have tried it on Verizon, Sprint, and Virgin Mobile (which uses mostly Sprint towers) and they all work fine with it. Did it in a Gamestop each time, in fact.
---
GT: t41tgjr
Owner of an ambassador Zelda Edition 3DS and will not be upgrading. >:(
#7WilDaThrill(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 5:14:09 PM
t41tGjr posted...
WilDaThrill posted...

Yeah, it worked fine for me, but some providers have devices that specifically block this kind of port usage (don't know why). I have tried it on Verizon, Sprint, and Virgin Mobile (which uses mostly Sprint towers) and they all work fine with it. Did it in a Gamestop each time, in fact.

AND your CERTAIN that Sprint 3G will work? Well, I do have a friend with a Sprint iPhone 4 so fingers crossed I can use that for a "quick" 30 minutes or so... Thanks for the info t411tGjr!
#8t41tGjrPosted 6/18/2013 5:59:03 AM
WilDaThrill posted...
t41tGjr posted...
WilDaThrill posted...

AND your CERTAIN that Sprint 3G will work? Well, I do have a friend with a Sprint iPhone 4 so fingers crossed I can use that for a "quick" 30 minutes or so... Thanks for the info t411tGjr!

No problem! I hope you get it done and it finally works.
---
#9WilDaThrill(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 2:45:33 PM
T41Gjr, just to give you an update; it was definitely just the service provider I tried using a Wi-Fi hotspot with before! I managed to use a Sprint hot spot and complete the transfer in about 40 minutes, thank you so much for your input man!
#10t41tGjrPosted 6/24/2013 7:49:38 AM
WilDaThrill posted...
T41Gjr, just to give you an update; it was definitely just the service provider I tried using a Wi-Fi hotspot with before! I managed to use a Sprint hot spot and complete the transfer in about 40 minutes, thank you so much for your input man!

Glad it worked out for you!
---