rip 3ds >_>

#91Apl_JPosted 6/16/2013 8:35:38 AM
PsychoWolfX posted...
Well, I am disgusted, but this is an inevitability with any system. Hopefully Nintendo cracks down on these hacking scumbags hard.
I'm cheap as hell and have very loose morals hen it comes to piracy, but I have never, and will never hacked. ...well, unless you count hacking unobtainable Pokemon into your game via AR or gameshark...but even then I only hack in lvl 1 Pokemon with random, untouched stats. I hardly consider that cheating.

If you pirate games, then you support hackers. I guess that makes you a scumbag too.
---
RIP GDMag, you made my career a reality. (1994-2013)
#92KaspaUFgatorPosted 6/16/2013 9:07:25 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
If it actually is Nintendo will patch it with mandatory updates and brick peoples' systems that use whatever hack it is.

Companies can't deliberately brick systems. Thats illegal. All the can do is do mandatory updates and not let you play online.

You are 100% right, companies can't deliberately brick your system.
---
Gators, Yankees, Jets, and Knicks!!
#93BattleStarXPosted 6/16/2013 9:20:47 AM
petran78 posted...
i am more interested in the homebrew scene. Imagine a media player for the 3ds supporting 3d projection movies.
Or emulators, notepads, painting etc

Indeed, a lot of potential in using that 3D screen that homebrewers could make use of.
---
---
The best laid plans don't last a second in real life. In the end, all you can do is bum-rush your objective and hope for the best.
#94DarkAdonis123Posted 6/16/2013 9:23:52 AM
Every system gets hacked. That in no way is going to be the death of the 3DS.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#95Moorish_IdolPosted 6/16/2013 9:27:35 AM
This doesn't really affect me because I only play single-player, and I like to collect physical copies of games.

But I feel bad for others like Pokemon players, because that game is going to be ruined online.
#96zeppo_basicPosted 6/16/2013 9:28:30 AM
Mwulf posted...
The DS survived being hacked, 3DS will too.

So did the PSP.
And the 360.
And the PS3.
And the PC.
And the PS2.
And the PS1.
And the N64.
And the SNES.

Was the GCN hacked?

Only console I can think of that wasn't hacked was the Xbox, and that's because no one cared
enough about it.

Lol, yes the Xbox was hacked, are you serious? And the GCN didn't need to be hacked, just like the DC it was an open system (Nintendo figured the funky disc format would be enough to prevent piracy). And the PC, really? Nobody "hacks" a PC, you hack games like old disc cracks that let you install and run a game without the original disc. What exactly do you all think hacking a system means?
---
MapleHoodOG
#97CharskiPosted 6/16/2013 9:51:23 AM
source? i didn't hear about this news on the 3ds hacks.
#98Apl_JPosted 6/16/2013 9:52:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#99hinoatashiPosted 6/16/2013 9:57:33 AM
zeppo_basic posted...
Mwulf posted...
The DS survived being hacked, 3DS will too.

So did the PSP.
And the 360.
And the PS3.
And the PC.
And the PS2.
And the PS1.
And the N64.
And the SNES.

Was the GCN hacked?

Only console I can think of that wasn't hacked was the Xbox, and that's because no one cared
enough about it.

Lol, yes the Xbox was hacked, are you serious? And the GCN didn't need to be hacked, just like the DC it was an open system (Nintendo figured the funky disc format would be enough to prevent piracy). And the PC, really? Nobody "hacks" a PC, you hack games like old disc cracks that let you install and run a game without the original disc. What exactly do you all think hacking a system means?

What do YOU think hacking a system means? PC's get hacked all of the time - that's what security firms offer protection from. There was even that big hacking spree by LulzSec a few years ago. Hell, there are conventions you can go to in order to get some tips from the best if you are interested in becoming more than a script kiddie.
---
Jesus's Resurrection skill has a 72 hour cooldown - ThyCorndog
#100BerlingerTPosted 6/16/2013 10:17:10 AM
Not too worried. I remember DS Emulators *shudders* There might have been some that worked, but all the ones I ever tried were horrid and overrun with lag.
---
Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS), Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)