Remember all those folks saying Mega Man wasn't dead and the anniversary not...

#11strongo9Posted 6/16/2013 9:07:22 AM
Capcom didn't even back a very good fangame. Mega Man Unlimited is going to be much better than MMvsSF.

Nintendo and Mega Man fans do Mega Man better than Capcom.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 6/16/2013 10:00:54 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Deremorse posted...
Capcom rolled out the red carpet for that piece-of-**** series Street Fighter, and people still insist that crappy Megaman freeware from December was anything more than a shoddy, cobbled-together attempt at appeasement?

Don't even know what to say to this. It's a shame Capcom still has people leashed like puppies.

To be honest, it's just n00bsaib0t that argues such a thing. We all know the fangame was a poor attempt at appeasement.

It was poor. It also cost them money they didn't make back paying for it to be developed, plus server costs and advertisement. And they patched it. For better or worse though, it's an official Capcom project.

And someone mentioned MMXiOS being part of the anniversary, too bad it's last update was in April 2012. That's 8 months before December, the official kick off of the anniversary of Mega Man 1 released in December 1987. It's hardly an attempt at anything for the anniversary and isn't branded as it either.

You guys can call me what you please for stating facts but at least I don't make crap up.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#13BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/16/2013 10:36:12 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Deremorse posted...
Capcom rolled out the red carpet for that piece-of-**** series Street Fighter, and people still insist that crappy Megaman freeware from December was anything more than a shoddy, cobbled-together attempt at appeasement?

Don't even know what to say to this. It's a shame Capcom still has people leashed like puppies.

To be honest, it's just n00bsaib0t that argues such a thing. We all know the fangame was a poor attempt at appeasement.

It was poor. It also cost them money they didn't make back paying for it to be developed, plus server costs and advertisement. And they patched it. For better or worse though, it's an official Capcom project.

And someone mentioned MMXiOS being part of the anniversary, too bad it's last update was in April 2012. That's 8 months before December, the official kick off of the anniversary of Mega Man 1 released in December 1987. It's hardly an attempt at anything for the anniversary and isn't branded as it either.

You guys can call me what you please for stating facts but at least I don't make crap up.

No-one's making crap up. It was a game that was (barely) backed up by Capcom, but sure as heck advertised as such. Since you've also admitted it was a poor effort, the point I'm going to make should be easy to see: we don't want a poor effort, we want a franchise as (once) great as Megaman to be done justice. Can't you see what is wrong in releasing a fangame as the 25th anniversary game? It's basically saying "We don't care about the series, just make your own games from now on." And you should keep in mind this was a decision taken entirely by the American branch of Capcom, which doesn't seem to hate Megaman that much. It's the Japanese branch that hates it because of Inafune's relation to it and they're the ones calling the shots. The "game" they released (XOver) was so bad its localization had to be mercy killed. And yet you go around pretending the franchise is as healthy as ever and that we shouldn't hope for it to be wrestled out of Capcom's hands.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#14Hardley_SmithPosted 6/16/2013 10:38:20 AM
lol megaman
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#1521_21Posted 6/16/2013 10:39:13 AM
Wait a sec, didn't Capcom say they have a big announcement at E3? What was it?
---
Currently playing:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Black Mesa
#16BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/16/2013 10:42:03 AM
21_21 posted...

Megaman in Smash Bros. Which is of course thanks to Sakurai and it's his team that developed the character's appearence and moveset in the game. Capcom just licensed and cashed in.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#1721_21Posted 6/16/2013 10:44:09 AM
21_21 posted...

Megaman in Smash Bros. Which is of course thanks to Sakurai and it's his team that developed the character's appearence and moveset in the game. Capcom just licensed and cashed in.

Wtf!? THAT was it!? I thought that counted as Nintendo's announcement! Not Capcom's!

God dammit....well, seems like I'm back to waiting....
---
Currently playing:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Black Mesa
#18BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/16/2013 10:54:03 AM
21_21 posted...
21_21 posted...

Wtf!? THAT was it!? I thought that counted as Nintendo's announcement! Not Capcom's!

God dammit....well, seems like I'm back to waiting....

This is what passes as a big Megaman announcement these days...
---
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 6/16/2013 11:05:12 AM
No-one's making crap up.

Oh yeah? How about this, you know, the sentence that made me freaking say that (provided you're capable of actually comprehending basic English its pretty obvious).
nonexistinghero posted...
Other titles they released for the anniversary include a piss poor MMX iOS remake

Like I said, the last MMXiOS update was 8 months before the anniversary began and the title doesn't have the 25th anniversary logo at the beginning. It is in no way part of the anniversary, but TC just had to try and sneak that one in there.

It was a game that was (barely) backed up by Capcom, but sure as heck advertised as such. Since you've also admitted it was a poor effort, the point I'm going to make should be easy to see: we don't want a poor effort, we want a franchise as (once) great as Megaman to be done justice. Can't you see what is wrong in releasing a fangame as the 25th anniversary game? It's basically saying "We don't care about the series, just make your own games from now on." And you should keep in mind this was a decision taken entirely by the American branch of Capcom, which doesn't seem to hate Megaman that much. It's the Japanese branch that hates it because of Inafune's relation to it and they're the ones calling the shots. The "game" they released (XOver) was so bad its localization had to be mercy killed. And yet you go around pretending the franchise is as healthy as ever and that we shouldn't hope for it to be wrestled out of Capcom's hands.

You shouldn't hope for it to be taken from Capcom. I want a canon ending to the classic series, not some fan fiction released in official form by a new company. Everyone should want it to be handled properly and have a real ending, a real bridge between classic and X. And FFS, quit referring to SFxMM as a fan game. And quit saying it was supposed to be THE game, they never advertised it as such. The part thats poor was the coding of the game, not that it was supposed to be THE game.

http://kotaku.com/5967847/capcom-street-fighter-x-mega-man-is-not-meant-to-be-the-cure-for-all-that-ails-mega-man-fans

In 2012, this year, I decided to attend EVO 2012 to talk to Capcom in person.

Evo is in July, so thats 5-6 months Capcom spent money paying people to develop this game. It obviously wasn't the A team, but there were plenty of people involved when you look at the credits. These people aren't exactly paid minimum wage, so while the quality was poor its not like Capcom didn't sink a pretty penny into this game paying that many people half a years salary to make this.

Low balling, thats about $30,000 that a designer would make for that half a year of work (assuming they make about what I make in a year), times a pretty good amount of people. Not to mention advertising, which while it was mostly done at fighting game tournaments they still paid people to put videos together plus flying Svensson and Hui around. Face it, this project cost at least half a mil to fund. Capcom wouldn't be willing to shell out that much for a franchise they were planning on doing nothing with for a game they wouldn' t see a red cent for.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#20360pagesPosted 6/16/2013 11:55:58 AM
Really Capcom deserves all the hate they get, and I'm quite happy they were, or currently down 56%

They created their own stigma, and if they are having trouble of shaking it off, well...sucks for them.

I haven't really bought a new Capcom game in a while actually, the last one was the DMC collection, and the Zero collection the year before, and neither were new games. From the looks of it, since they hadn't made a game in a series that I actually enjoy in a while. I'm probably not losing much.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)