Seasons or Ages? Which Do I Play First?

#1esoteric42Posted 6/16/2013 11:50:54 AM
New to both games.

Which one is better to start.

They're both pretty much the same with only minor changes, correct?

Uninformed buyer here.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#2kuragari1anonlyPosted 6/16/2013 11:52:47 AM
They're two different Zelda games with a linked story.

Pick one and flip a coin. You cant go wrong.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/16/2013 11:53:23 AM
Seasons -> Ages

And they're completely different games. They have the same graphics and structure, but they're set in different worlds, have different items, dungeons, characters and everything else.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4MrFwibblesPosted 6/16/2013 11:53:35 AM
esoteric42 posted...
They're both pretty much the same with only minor changes, correct?

Incorrect. They are completely different with only minor similarities.
Start with Seasons, as Ages is more difficult overall.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 0390-8264-4360
#5The_KiriyamaPosted 6/16/2013 11:54:34 AM
I agree with Bean, I would disregard the other comment. They are both good games, but the story of Seasons is a lot stronger, so it's a good thing to play through Seasons, get the link code, and link Seasons to Ages and play the Linked Ages afterwards, that way the story is not individual but a continuation of Seasons, and its a fair bit more interesting that way.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Defiance (UK), Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls
#6TheWhoFanPosted 6/16/2013 12:04:31 PM
I've always liked Seasons more, so I always start with Ages.

Besides, having to step down from the Roc's Cape to the Roc's Feather is downright horrible.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#7Ritster21Posted 6/16/2013 12:06:20 PM
Season is actually first out of the 2 in the timeline.

Play Seasons first and then Ages for canon.
#8pokemon2pokerPosted 6/16/2013 12:21:37 PM
kuragari1anonly posted...

So I should probably get both while I have the chance? Ugh, I could do without 4 slots on my homescreen dedicated to Zelda, and no I don't want to use folders.
---
A+E
#9ThatGuyZPosted 6/16/2013 12:22:02 PM
The_Kiriyama posted...
I agree with Bean, I would disregard the other comment. They are both good games, but the combat of Seasons is a lot stronger, so it's a good thing to play through Seasons, get the link code, and link Seasons to Ages and play the Linked Ages afterwards, that way the story is not individual but a continuation of Seasons, and its a fair bit more interesting that way.

/fixed.
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#10BerlingerTPosted 6/16/2013 12:26:14 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
kuragari1anonly posted...

So I should probably get both while I have the chance? Ugh, I could do without 4 slots on my homescreen dedicated to Zelda, and no I don't want to use folders.

It's not like it will cost all that much if you wait until later. This sale is only saving us what? One or Two dollars on the games?
---
Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS), Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)