Playing Animal Crossing made me realize this about Animal Crossing games.

#1VandorLeePosted 6/16/2013 12:04:53 PM
Theyre just too forgiving. Theyres no way to lose and no real challenge. It ruins the game completely. Did they forget to add enemies or combat altogether? This leads to just wondering around and pointlessly collecting and adding furniture to your house. Not to mention all the games continue this trend. It attempts to substitute actual gameplay for collecting and decorating your house.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2Bikes-Posted 6/16/2013 12:06:21 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/cant-tell-if-troll-or-just-extremely-stupid.jpg
#3TheWhoFanPosted 6/16/2013 12:07:36 PM
Bikes- posted...*meme*

Pretty sure he's parodying this topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66381768
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#4wentzelotPosted 6/16/2013 12:11:36 PM
VandorLee posted...
Theyre just too forgiving. Theyres no way to lose and no real challenge. It ruins the game completely. Did they forget to add enemies or combat altogether? This leads to just wondering around and pointlessly collecting and adding furniture to your house. Not to mention all the games continue this trend. It attempts to substitute actual gameplay for collecting and decorating your house.

that's why rune factory 4 is superior
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/16/2013 12:12:25 PM(edited)
That's why I play Rune Factory instead, TC. :P

EDIT: I've been ninja'd. ;_;
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6RazieruPosted 6/16/2013 12:19:06 PM
Hooray for more parody topics. -_-
---
I am complete; my posting powers are elite!
#7PuruglyPosted 6/16/2013 12:22:15 PM
why can't you go to nook's store in the middle of the night?

that's some artificial difficulty bull-****
#8ThatGuyZPosted 6/16/2013 12:23:41 PM
Animal Crossing is horsepoo.

I want to be able to have the town come at me with pitchforks for running into people's houses. This game is too friggin simplistic and forgiving.
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#9TinyTim123Posted 6/16/2013 12:30:39 PM
ThatGuyZ posted...
Animal Crossing is horsepoo.

I want to be able to have the town come at me with pitchforks for running into people's houses. This game is too friggin simplistic and forgiving.

Real life is just too forgiving and simplistic. All I have to do when going into people's houses is attack with the element of surprise. No one ever gets surprise shield refills, I can just slash away, and as long as I don't dawdle, I am never caught.

Of course, New Mexico is hard mode, where everyone walks around with a loaded six shooter on their hips.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#10EnlinoPosted 6/16/2013 12:51:09 PM
Animal crossing has a great combat system. Did you only play the tutorial? You need to unlock the "Dark Gate" community project to travel to the Nega-village before you'll get any random encounters (though you'll find some in your normal village too once the gate's completed)