Anyone else agree handheld vs console

#1Darkstorm16Posted 6/17/2013 7:52:16 PM
I love my 3ds yes it's my favorite handheld but the thing is console games in my opinion is a whole new experience to me. I love playing a game on a big screen, the thing I get afraid of on handheld is playing button mashers like arcade shooters, fighters stuff that the button gets abused on. I mean console if the buttons wear down you pay $20 for a new pad but handheld your buttons wear down your screwed, so in a way I see why people say handheld is cheap but in a way it's not.
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#2OoSubaruoOPosted 6/17/2013 7:53:37 PM
Handhelds are technically consoles. Also, where are you getting $20 for a new Ps3/Xbox360 controller? They still sell for $40-$60 each.
#3RPGNinja123Posted 6/17/2013 7:54:18 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I love my 3ds yes it's my favorite handheld but the thing is console games in my opinion is a whole new experience to me. I love playing a game on a big screen, the thing I get afraid of on handheld is playing button mashers like arcade shooters, fighters stuff that the button gets abused on. I mean console if the buttons wear down you pay $20 for a new pad but handheld your buttons wear down your screwed, so in a way I see why people say handheld is cheap but in a way it's not.

I agree that is a downside but this is EXACTLY why I don't get excited about Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I just get it for the Wii U.

Handhelds are for my RPG experiences since Consoles this generation had some of the worst RPGs in a long time (several notable exceptions like Xenoblade Chronicles and Dark Souls).

But the 3DS is purely for handhelds, anybody who plays fighters on a handheld are just asking for trouble and quite frankly get what they deserve. The more you use a button the more worn down it gets.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#4Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:56:48 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Handhelds are technically consoles. Also, where are you getting $20 for a new Ps3/Xbox360 controller? They still sell for $40-$60 each.

Walmart can get them about 20-30 and then what would you call systems hooked to TV since handhelds are both consoles and handhelds
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 6/17/2013 7:58:28 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Walmart can get them about 20-30 and then what would you call systems hooked to TV since handhelds are both consoles and handhelds

Er, what? Walmart sells them for $54.92.
#6Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 8:01:37 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Er, what? Walmart sells them for $54.92.

Could just be a regional thing since I work there lol.
---
#7RPGNinja123Posted 6/17/2013 8:29:09 PM
My Walmart sells them for like 35 bucks, not really near 60 bucks but they are well known for undercutting prices when it comes to the accessories. As for the actual games their pricing is terrible.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#8gamezero6Posted 6/18/2013 12:36:15 AM
@Walmart ...
Official Controllers cost $40+ for PS3/XB360/Wii/Wii-U

3RD Party Controllers $12+ for PS3
$20+ for XB360/Wii/Wii-U

On topic...
Handhelds>Console

That's just my opinion though.
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069