SD card issues

#1De_Blob_XPosted 6/18/2013 11:32:49 AM
When i play animal crossong and press home button to exit or friend list or anything,it gives me black screen with ,,sd card was removed press home button.

Im afraid of losing everything. how to fix this?

I tried backing up everything but when i go to titles there are 2 folders (one is 1.27gb and another one 1.97) so i assume 1.27 is zelda i have.

I can copy everything except that 1.97gb folder. it contains about 10-15 folders with some numbers such as 000a5410 and stuff.

There are some folders such as 0009e501 that just wont copy..

Please help i dont want to lose everything i played a lot this game and if i lose save file.. then i will sell 3ds because bored of these things..

PS I have digital ACNL.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PS3 | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439
#2De_Blob_X(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 11:46:01 AM
so i coppied everything except the 0009e501 folder and it doesnt wants to copy.
I open that folder and can copy everything but CMD folder.

What should i do now??
---
#3SkittyOnWailordPosted 6/18/2013 11:47:38 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66496047

^That topic might be of some help.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#4PlaysaverPosted 6/18/2013 12:08:30 PM
Well if you can update the 3ds. Then go into system settings data managment and delete any demos you've downloaded also delete nintendo video and any data that is on the 3ds for that. Then try copying the sd card again. If your lucky one of these demos was the offending problem and when you removed it solved the problem.
Sadly windows can't fix the problem but if the offending app and or data is removed by the 3ds, that will fix it. Belive me i've had it happen before.
So you say that removing your demo's didn't fix the problem. (if you even had any.)
What you can do next is start removing games you've downloaded. Pick one and if you can backup the save for that game using the 3ds new ablity to do that. (if the game alows that. If the game doesn't skip it and try a different download.) Then remove that app/game from your system. Then try copying the sd card again. If it copies then you've removed the problem. All that would be left to do is redownload your stuff you had to remove and then restore the save to the game. Backed up saves are restored from system settings data managment.
#5De_Blob_X(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 12:10:31 PM
Playsaver posted...
Well if you can update the 3ds. Then go into system settings data managment and delete any demos you've downloaded also delete nintendo video and any data that is on the 3ds for that. Then try copying the sd card again. If your lucky one of these demos was the offending problem and when you removed it solved the problem.
Sadly windows can't fix the problem but if the offending app and or data is removed by the 3ds, that will fix it. Belive me i've had it happen before.
So you say that removing your demo's didn't fix the problem. (if you even had any.)
What you can do next is start removing games you've downloaded. Pick one and if you can backup the save for that game using the 3ds new ablity to do that. (if the game alows that. If the game doesn't skip it and try a different download.) Then remove that app/game from your system. Then try copying the sd card again. If it copies then you've removed the problem. All that would be left to do is redownload your stuff you had to remove and then restore the save to the game. Backed up saves are restored from system settings data managment.

Thanks a lot im gonna try that now.
I booted the 3DS now,started ACNL and it said download from eshop again. I reset 3DS and now booted normally and now im playing.

So something is really messed up but dont know what,im gonna delete every demo. Need to see how to back up saves like you said.
---
#6PlaysaverPosted 6/18/2013 12:16:52 PM
Backing up saves is something that came in with the new update last night. So if you haven't done the update you can't make backup saves. Sadly New Leaf isn't a game that is allowed to be backed up. So it would be the last thing you'd want to remove from the system to try to fix the problem.
#7De_Blob_X(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 12:18:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8De_Blob_X(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 12:27:31 PM
I went to do what the guys said but when i was in system manager it said something is corrupted and i should cancel or reset. I canceled and reseted 3ds manual way and booted animal crossing with no problems.

i seriously dont know what to do.. maybe i should just sell my 3ds
---