Reggie: Blame retailers for the lack of 3DS colors

#1Shadow Stalker XPosted 6/18/2013 5:08:38 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205628
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#2RPGNinja123Posted 6/18/2013 5:11:57 PM
Reggie loves blaming everyone else anyway. He had so many excuses for why they wouldn't initially release Xenoblade Chronicles when HE himself was the reason it wouldn't come to America cuz he didn't think it would sell.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#3BigReedPosted 6/18/2013 5:12:23 PM
I work part time at retail. This is actually a huge problem with brick and mortar stores. They have to be careful with what they put on the shelves.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#4Grand_BluePosted 6/18/2013 5:24:04 PM
Put them online, duh.

Also they should discontinue the current XL colors for an all black and an all white XL.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#5DT-FoxPosted 6/18/2013 5:28:33 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Reggie loves blaming everyone else anyway. He had so many excuses for why they wouldn't initially release Xenoblade Chronicles when HE himself was the reason it wouldn't come to America cuz he didn't think it would sell.

Actually, I begin to wonder how much power Reggie actually does/did have around that time... When Iwata took position of CEO of NoA, it's been stated that he's replaced a guy by the name of Tatsumi Kimishima. This is a name, rarely ever heard, yet is so high up in the chain of command.

Looking more into the info, Reggie has ALWAYS been the COO, never CEO, despite being considered "President" of NoA. While it's a high position, he might not actually (nor has ever been) in the position to have the final say on whether NoA got certain games or not. But he has always been the one who shows his face, whether delivering good news or bad news.

Just a thought...
#6kuragari1anonlyPosted 6/18/2013 5:42:00 PM
Gameboys were damn near every color under the sun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwvZSWQAMak
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#7RPGNinja123Posted 6/18/2013 5:45:31 PM
DT-Fox posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Actually, I begin to wonder how much power Reggie actually does/did have around that time... When Iwata took position of CEO of NoA, it's been stated that he's replaced a guy by the name of Tatsumi Kimishima. This is a name, rarely ever heard, yet is so high up in the chain of command.

Looking more into the info, Reggie has ALWAYS been the COO, never CEO, despite being considered "President" of NoA. While it's a high position, he might not actually (nor has ever been) in the position to have the final say on whether NoA got certain games or not. But he has always been the one who shows his face, whether delivering good news or bad news.

Just a thought...

Oh I am sure many more people had a say in that than just Reggie, I am probably giving him way too much credit in terms of his leverage in the organization. I am just saying he has a habit of pointing the finger a lot of the times when he should be looking in the mirror for starters.

Still an entertaining figure in the industry but sometimes I question his actual knowledge when it comes to games.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#8xxxRemmyxxxPosted 6/18/2013 5:51:28 PM
It sounds to me like he's just making excuses. Smh.
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 6/18/2013 6:01:57 PM
It could be him making excuses but then again, I'm not the president of a branch of a worldwide company and that has to deal with American retailers.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#10Baha05Posted 6/18/2013 6:10:06 PM
Sounds about right though considering you do have a limited space for retail.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy