Is it safe to switch cartridges while the system is still on?

#1HappyUnicorn101Posted 6/19/2013 12:43:59 AM
As long as you exit the game/close the app?

I've been doing it because there doesn't seem to be a need to turn the game off and put a new game in. But I'm not doing anything risky am I?

I just got my 3DS today so I don't know much about it.
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#2ssbmrocksPosted 6/19/2013 12:47:37 AM
As far as I know it's perfectly fine, I've been doing it since I first got my 3DS.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#3Thunderbird8Posted 6/19/2013 1:07:57 AM
The system either wouldn't allow it (the original DS and DS Lite will freeze if you remove the DS game card from the system while it is on) or would display a message if you did so (like it does if you remove your SD card while the system is running).
#4Raven236Posted 6/19/2013 1:22:41 AM
The manual says its fine as long as the system is off or at the main menu. (You have to fully exit the game first)
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#5SosdocPosted 6/19/2013 1:23:44 AM
Yep, no trouble at all, just don't do it when the game is on, especially if you're saving.
#6IAznDragonI YanPosted 6/19/2013 1:37:53 AM
Sosdoc posted...
Yep, no trouble at all, just don't do it when the game is on, especially if you're saving.

definitely DO NOT eject during the saving progress. i eject my game (kid icarus) when i don't get a fusion i want all the time. nothing bad happened
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#7GoldenSun3DSPosted 6/25/2013 1:36:35 AM(edited)
Yes, as long as you're at the HOME Menu and the cartridge game isn't running.

EDIT: Wow, the "more topics from this board" at the bottom keeps leading me to old topics >_>
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio