Audrey Drake leaves IGN, predictably gets job at Nintendo.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Audrey Drake leaves IGN, predictably gets job at Nintendo.
3 years ago#1
http://www.ign.com/blogs/aminka/2013/06/19/aminka-says-goodbye/

Good for her and I wish her well. I also hope IGN gets an editor much less biased for anything Nintendo to replace her. Drake was a cool gal, but her reviews were near useless for Nintendo games as her fangirl came bleeding through them right to their scores...
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
3 years ago#2
>Acutally knowing reviewers name
>memorize what games she reviewed

Cant you guys just play your game and NOT know the name of reviewers?
3 years ago#3
Regardless of what you think about her and her reviews, you have to be happy for a person who is able to land their dream job. Good for her.
3 years ago#4
Aubrey Drake was pretty cool at E3.
how do you turn this on?
3 years ago#5
KaiRyusaki posted...
>Acutally knowing reviewers name
>memorize what games she reviewed

Cant you guys just play your game and NOT know the name of reviewers?

She was a member of Nintendo Voice Chat, one of the most popular video game podcasts on the Internet, behind IGN's other one, Podcast Beyond.
GET YOUR TRIGGER ON! (This is my catch fraise)
3 years ago#6
I actually liked her because of her reviews (much more than Keza Macdonald and Rich George). I wouldn't have gotten Fire Emblem Awakening and Nintendo Land if it wasn't for her. Now to wait until I have enough wad for Animal Crossing: New Leaf...

Audrey Drake...you will be missed...may I wish you best of luck...

P.S. I was incredibly letdown with Rich's terrible review for Kirby's Return to Dream Land >:(
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Bomberman, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
3 years ago#7
StephenYap3 posted...
I actually liked her because of her reviews (much more than Keza Macdonald and Rich George). I wouldn't have gotten Fire Emblem Awakening and Nintendo Land if it wasn't for her. Now to wait until I have enough wad for Animal Crossing: New Leaf...

P.S. I was incredibly letdown with Rich's terrible review for Kirby's Return to Dream Land >:(

Bomberman is dead dude
3 years ago#8
KaiRyusaki posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

Bomberman is dead dude

Why don't you go play in the sand?
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
3 years ago#9
I agree.

Audrey Drake was fun to listen too and seemed nice. But, she was a massive fangirl, no denial.
Her reviews were pretty useless as every game got a 9+ pretty much.

And, the fact that shes got a job at Nintendo kinda makes her reviews even less legit.
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
3 years ago#10
It'll be awesome to read her name in the credits of Nintendo games from now on! :D
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Audrey Drake leaves IGN, predictably gets job at Nintendo.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived