Audrey Drake leaves IGN, predictably gets job at Nintendo.

#1NnamzPosted 6/19/2013 7:01:01 AM
http://www.ign.com/blogs/aminka/2013/06/19/aminka-says-goodbye/

Good for her and I wish her well. I also hope IGN gets an editor much less biased for anything Nintendo to replace her. Drake was a cool gal, but her reviews were near useless for Nintendo games as her fangirl came bleeding through them right to their scores...
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#2KaiRyusakiPosted 6/19/2013 7:05:59 AM
>Acutally knowing reviewers name
>memorize what games she reviewed

Cant you guys just play your game and NOT know the name of reviewers?
#3ARsignal11Posted 6/19/2013 7:06:29 AM
Regardless of what you think about her and her reviews, you have to be happy for a person who is able to land their dream job. Good for her.
#4GambitAcePosted 6/19/2013 7:24:29 AM
Aubrey Drake was pretty cool at E3.
---
how do you turn this on?
#5sarevokmbPosted 6/19/2013 7:28:50 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
>Acutally knowing reviewers name
>memorize what games she reviewed

Cant you guys just play your game and NOT know the name of reviewers?

She was a member of Nintendo Voice Chat, one of the most popular video game podcasts on the Internet, behind IGN's other one, Podcast Beyond.
---
GET YOUR TRIGGER ON! (This is my catch fraise)
#6StephenYap3Posted 6/19/2013 7:49:04 AM
I actually liked her because of her reviews (much more than Keza Macdonald and Rich George). I wouldn't have gotten Fire Emblem Awakening and Nintendo Land if it wasn't for her. Now to wait until I have enough wad for Animal Crossing: New Leaf...

Audrey Drake...you will be missed...may I wish you best of luck...

P.S. I was incredibly letdown with Rich's terrible review for Kirby's Return to Dream Land >:(
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Bomberman, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#7KaiRyusakiPosted 6/19/2013 7:55:01 AM
StephenYap3 posted...
I actually liked her because of her reviews (much more than Keza Macdonald and Rich George). I wouldn't have gotten Fire Emblem Awakening and Nintendo Land if it wasn't for her. Now to wait until I have enough wad for Animal Crossing: New Leaf...

P.S. I was incredibly letdown with Rich's terrible review for Kirby's Return to Dream Land >:(

Bomberman is dead dude
#8AbysmalTrinityPosted 6/19/2013 8:03:28 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

Bomberman is dead dude

Why don't you go play in the sand?
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#9LonelyGoombaPosted 6/19/2013 8:09:01 AM
I agree.

Audrey Drake was fun to listen too and seemed nice. But, she was a massive fangirl, no denial.
Her reviews were pretty useless as every game got a 9+ pretty much.

And, the fact that shes got a job at Nintendo kinda makes her reviews even less legit.
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#10BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/19/2013 8:12:27 AM
It'll be awesome to read her name in the credits of Nintendo games from now on! :D
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.