3ds xl vs 3ds

#1ChippPosted 6/19/2013 9:58:52 AM
Hey guys, I just brought a 3ds xl and I'm enjoying it. Its the first time I've owned a 3ds system. My gf owns the 3ds and I noticed something, that the screen feels sharper and the 3d mode seems to jump out at you more than the xl does. With the xl its sort of hard for me to tell that the 3d is enabled. Is it just me who is experiencing this?
#2DKU_ArichPosted 6/19/2013 10:04:35 AM
Yeah, I've found that 3D is absolutely perfect on the XL and didn't notice much of an effect on the original 3DS.
#3SkittyOnWailordPosted 6/19/2013 10:07:31 AM
Inb45+pagesofarguing
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#4CompassPosted 6/19/2013 11:48:29 AM
Chipp posted...
Hey guys, I just brought a 3ds xl and I'm enjoying it. Its the first time I've owned a 3ds system. My gf owns the 3ds and I noticed something, that the screen feels sharper and the 3d mode seems to jump out at you more than the xl does. With the xl its sort of hard for me to tell that the 3d is enabled. Is it just me who is experiencing this?

All true, TC. The original model is superior to the XL in most regards, not just the 3D effect.

I would recommend exchanging your XL for an original lest you find yourself reassuring your purchase repeatedly on GameFAQs. It's not a pretty sight, and you'll soon get a taste in this very thread...
#5x_stevey_xPosted 6/19/2013 11:50:38 AM(edited)
Compass posted...
Chipp posted...

All true, TC. The original model is superior to the XL in most regards, not just the 3D effect.

I would recommend exchanging your XL for an original lest you find yourself reassuring your purchase repeatedly on GameFAQs. It's not a pretty sight, and you'll soon get a taste in this very thread...

looks like you're the only one trying to reassure themselves so far
#6CompassPosted 6/19/2013 11:51:09 AM
Except I have both (but rarely touch my XL), so what am I reassuring exactly?
#7gldooriiPosted 6/19/2013 11:51:16 AM
Chipp posted...

I agree completely. The standard 3DS has a much sharper screen and the 3D effect is more prominent.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#8esoteric42Posted 6/19/2013 11:52:54 AM
Chipp posted...

Are you trying to insinuate that there might be a visual difference between the original 3DS and the XL?
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#9furygodsPosted 6/19/2013 11:55:21 AM
The only thing the XL is superior to the original is that it has a bigger screen, longer battery life, readjusted button layout, readjusted stylus layout, and maybe updated technology. Hey, it comes with a 4GB SD card too!

Bigger screen, but same 240p resolution makes all 3DS games look "stretched" out for the XL. However, since I never seen a 3DS game on a 3DS before, it doesn't look half bad on my XL.

XL is great for people who have trouble seeing things or want to see bigger things. It's difficult to focus on a small screen for me, at least the XL's big enough for me to see everything.

Don't get me wrong, sure the regular 3DS might look good but the XL isn't all that bad, Etrian Odyssey IV's 2D artwork doesn't look bad, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3D models looks fine as well.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#10Chipp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 12:01:09 PM
esoteric42 posted...
Chipp posted...

Are you trying to insinuate that there might be a visual difference between the original 3DS and the XL?

Yes.

But its not to start a debate or flame war. Its just based upon observation.

Its why I asked is it just me who sees this? Like I said in my OP, the 3ds screen display seems sharper and the 3D mode feels as if it pops out more than the XL does. While playing SM3DL, at times it felt like Mario would literally pop out the screen when I jumped or threw a fireball towards the screen.

The 3ds xl just doesn't seem to pop out as much. But again like I stated, it could be just me that feels this way.

No trolling, no non sense. Just being serious.