3ds xl vs 3ds

#11wentzelotPosted 6/19/2013 12:27:15 PM
Chipp posted...
Hey guys, I just brought a 3ds xl and I'm enjoying it. Its the first time I've owned a 3ds system. My gf owns the 3ds and I noticed something, that the screen feels sharper and the 3d mode seems to jump out at you more than the xl does. With the xl its sort of hard for me to tell that the 3d is enabled. Is it just me who is experiencing this?

3d works better on the XL for me.. also don't hold the XL up to your face . of course it will look less sharp if you do that .it's a bigger screen so its meant to be held further away which is more comfortable while simultaneously preserving image quality perception
#12wentzelotPosted 6/19/2013 12:28:02 PM
also, the 3d on the 3ds isn't the "pop out" type..so i'm not exactly sure what you mean in that regard
#13CompassPosted 6/19/2013 12:32:51 PM
Uh, yes, it certainly can be the pop-out type.
#14fire2boxPosted 6/19/2013 1:53:27 PM
Chipp posted...
esoteric42 posted...
Chipp posted...
Hey guys, I just brought a 3ds xl and I'm enjoying it. Its the first time I've owned a 3ds system. My gf owns the 3ds and I noticed something, that the screen feels sharper and the 3d mode seems to jump out at you more than the xl does. With the xl its sort of hard for me to tell that the 3d is enabled. Is it just me who is experiencing this?

Are you trying to insinuate that there might be a visual difference between the original 3DS and the XL?

Yes.

But its not to start a debate or flame war. Its just based upon observation.

Its why I asked is it just me who sees this? Like I said in my OP, the 3ds screen display seems sharper and the 3D mode feels as if it pops out more than the XL does. While playing SM3DL, at times it felt like Mario would literally pop out the screen when I jumped or threw a fireball towards the screen.

The 3ds xl just doesn't seem to pop out as much. But again like I stated, it could be just me that feels this way.

No trolling, no non sense. Just being serious.

then sell off/trading in the XL and buy a normal 3DS. no ones saying you have to have a XL.

Hell you can sell off the XL and get a Vita or Shield.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#15fire2boxPosted 6/19/2013 1:57:08 PM
Compass posted...
Uh, yes, it certainly can be the pop-out type.

Yeah, pilotwings has popout 3D. the linkin Park video had some decent popout as well. Though most of the 3DS does seem to be depth 3D, like looking into a window.

However the truth is, that its not 3D and our brains are just being really stupid. Well, the system itself is 3D. just the things on the screen aren't actually 3D models. well... asides when they are 3D models in the ga.

you know what im just going to stop there.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#16Chipp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 2:05:20 PM(edited)
fire2box posted...
Chipp posted...
esoteric42 posted...
Chipp posted...

Are you trying to insinuate that there might be a visual difference between the original 3DS and the XL?

Yes.

But its not to start a debate or flame war. Its just based upon observation.

Its why I asked is it just me who sees this? Like I said in my OP, the 3ds screen display seems sharper and the 3D mode feels as if it pops out more than the XL does. While playing SM3DL, at times it felt like Mario would literally pop out the screen when I jumped or threw a fireball towards the screen.

The 3ds xl just doesn't seem to pop out as much. But again like I stated, it could be just me that feels this way.

No trolling, no non sense. Just being serious.

then sell off/trading in the XL and buy a normal 3DS. no ones saying you have to have a XL.

Hell you can sell off the XL and get a Vita or Shield.

What does this have to do with my question? I didn't ask if I should sell/trade my xl for a 3ds. And I didn't ask if I should sell my xl to get a vita or nvidia shield.