Fire Emblem or Project X Zone?

#1DarknessRavenPosted 6/20/2013 4:19:50 AM
Which one would you guys recommend. Which lasts longer, has better story, and better gameplay overall?
#2MelficeSeph2Posted 6/20/2013 4:26:50 AM
Both is your only option, and it's a good one.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#3SOULGAINEPosted 6/20/2013 4:30:08 AM
Both games have great story and great game play :D
#4supremeblasterPosted 6/20/2013 4:31:11 AM
Project X Zone hasn't been released in US or EU yet. You can't really expect the majority of us to give you a good comparison.
#5toad133Posted 6/20/2013 4:52:57 AM
Fire Emblem has a cliched story, albeit it still manages to be highly entertaining despite that. Probably because they don't string things out massively to try and dupe you and some of the twists, while predictable, are also quite eclectic.

Project X Zone...has a very repetitive story. "The villains are doing bad things at this location, let's go stop them." Repeat for about 40 chapters or so. That's all it is. The only interesting bits are when you get new characters, and that stops around the halfway mark.

In terms of gameplay, FE is probably the best in it's series. The pair mechanic is superb and some of the maps get quite good in terms of how wise you can set up your units. The only thing I don't like about it is how every goal is essentially 'kill every enemy'. I miss Defend for instance from previous games, and everything gets a bit too mob rushy at times.

PXZ has a gameplay where you have to direct every attack whenever you attack a foe...the problem is the flair and style of the moves quickly wear off, and soon you're left just pressing incredibly easy/brain dead combos simply to get on through the battles. It wouldn't have been as bad if you could skip the animations, but you can't because you have to partake in them, and that partake is boring.

I do give props for it doing something interesting here and there, like having to defeat the map whilst guarding a statue...but these moments are rare and again, incredibly easy/simple. The maps have very little variety and are essentially giant chessboards with huge mobs of enemies (FE has this issue but nowhere NEAR as big a problem as PXZ has it) that don't offer much in the way of intrigue or diversity. There's so many later stages will take you around 2 hours to complete, one at a time...but it's just nonchalant button mashing.

FE:A IMO is the clear winner here.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#6GREEN00Posted 6/20/2013 6:17:55 AM
Both FE and PxZ both stink, buy Etrian Odyssey IV. EO4 is incredible, and has some legitimate meat on its bones. 70+ hours of gameplay and no padding or fluff.
#7DarknessRaven(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:10:34 AM
I tried PXZ's demo and liked it. Tried EOIV's demo and didn't like the first person exploring, found it quite boring, I like more the character's in a chess like board style better, doesn't mean it's not good, just not what I like. Is there a demo of FE:A?
#8supremeblasterPosted 6/20/2013 8:25:18 AM
DarknessRaven posted...
I tried PXZ's demo and liked it. Tried EOIV's demo and didn't like the first person exploring, found it quite boring, I like more the character's in a chess like board style better, doesn't mean it's not good, just not what I like. Is there a demo of FE:A?

Yes there is.