Will there ever be a Yu-Gi-Oh! Game on the 3DS or even Wii U?

#11ljobenzaPosted 6/20/2013 7:57:43 AM
RemixDeluxe posted...
serenade_beta posted...
The biggest question is whether there will ever be a new Yugioh game, on any console.

Umm yes? The 360 recently got some 5Ds game a few months ago. No word of a new game on a Nintendo system though which I believe sells more than on any other system (maybe that was Sonic.)

That was nothing more than an update to a game that was released 3 years ago.
#12RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 11:25:20 AM
keyblader1985 posted...
RemixDeluxe posted...
They need time to adapt to the new hardware just like any other 3rd party devs (and Nintendo too.)

The DS was/is still around, and there were plenty of third party games available at launch. They've had well over two years to make their annual game and haven't done it.

This is quite depressing to read. I guess the series is dead, the only final nail would be if they came out and announced it themselves.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#13Lord_XandrosPosted 6/20/2013 11:37:04 AM
I'm still playing World Championship Tournament 2004 on the GBA. Horribly, the battery in the cartridge is dead and a couple of months ago, I lost all my data, so I've been restarting every time the battery dies out. Makes for a good bus journey game.

I'd love for some GBA titles to be released over the VC, or just an updated game, but I feel it got too complicated for me. I'm sure I'd get used to the new changes I've missed, but I'm not feeling motorbikes or XYZ monsters or something. My friend used them on me during a real life dual we were having and it seemed crazy.
#14Akira1256Posted 6/20/2013 11:56:44 AM
Huh. I hadn't considered that. Fortunately, the batteries in my WCT2004 and import Duel Monsters International: Worldwide Edition still seem to be okay. (whew)

I'm still of the opinion that if they are working on a 3DS game, they're probably rewriting the entire engine from scratch. Better that than somehow reuse the mediocre WC2011 engine and AI, with the XYZ monster and other newer mechanics kludged in.

...not that I'm looking forward to a WC-style rewriting of the Zexal storyline, but... eh.

Has anyone tried writing to Konami to ask them whether or not they're considering or working on a 3DS game?
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#15keyblader1985Posted 6/20/2013 2:06:54 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
I'm still playing World Championship Tournament 2004 on the GBA. Horribly, the battery in the cartridge is dead and a couple of months ago, I lost all my data, so I've been restarting every time the battery dies out. Makes for a good bus journey game.

I'd love for some GBA titles to be released over the VC, or just an updated game, but I feel it got too complicated for me. I'm sure I'd get used to the new changes I've missed, but I'm not feeling motorbikes or XYZ monsters or something. My friend used them on me during a real life dual we were having and it seemed crazy.

I was out of the game for a long time too, but I didn't have much trouble getting back into it. Course that being said, I'm still behind the times; I don't even know what XYZ monsters are.

I recommend getting WC 2010 to ease you back in; Synchro monsters aren't too complicated and neither are turbo duels. The "card games on motorcycles" thing is relegated to two areas: turbo duels (pretty much the same as a regular duel, but with a special Field Spell at all times) and actual racing (there's not too much of this). Plus, Tag duels are awesome.

Also, I've had a lot of GBA games over the years, but the only ones I still have are Ultimate Masters and Destiny Board Traveler (>_>).
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#16Lord_XandrosPosted 6/20/2013 2:23:14 PM
I could give WC 2010 a try. I'm usually a very fast learner, it's just I need to push myself to learn everything, so I may get the system down in a couple of hours. I'll try it through illegitimate means first to see if I like it, then I'll spring for the cartridge if I get the hang of it.

Yu-Gi-Oh just seems like a bag full of random sprinkled over a bunch of cards to me now.
#17knicks0320Posted 6/20/2013 2:57:31 PM
Akira1256 posted...
Huh. I hadn't considered that. Fortunately, the batteries in my WCT2004 and import Duel Monsters International: Worldwide Edition still seem to be okay. (whew)

I'm still of the opinion that if they are working on a 3DS game, they're probably rewriting the entire engine from scratch. Better that than somehow reuse the mediocre WC2011 engine and AI, with the XYZ monster and other newer mechanics kludged in.

...not that I'm looking forward to a WC-style rewriting of the Zexal storyline, but... eh.

Has anyone tried writing to Konami to ask them whether or not they're considering or working on a 3DS game?

I was going to email them but they don't seem to have an email address listed for any of their branches, at least not one I could find.