The 3DS helped me realize how different me and my bro are...

#1lowell666Posted 6/20/2013 8:30:07 PM
When it comes to gaming. He bought the 3DS twice within this year alone and returned it both times because he felt they had no games he was interested in. I got mine a year or so ago and I STILL feel like it is hard to keep up with the releases of all these games. I have about 10 or so 3DS games (with a few more to get before the end of the year, like Pokemon and SMT, my poor wallet...) and about as many games bought from the eShop.

Then I compare our consoles/games. He has a 360 and buys mostly online multiplayer shooters. I have a Wii and PS3 and my games are mostly single player jRPGs. We do play eachother's games from time to time (He plays Tales games with me, and I play Halo with him) but for the most part we have nothing in common game wise.

I love my brother, he's an awesome dude, but I wish we had more in common with our games -_-

How about you folks? Do you share in my situation?
---
Currently waiting for: ProjectXZone, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Tales of Xillia.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Shin_Omega_ZeroX.png
#2georgethecow4Posted 6/20/2013 8:34:06 PM
This sounds so much like me and my brother, right down to him having a 3DS and trading it in and playing online FPS's. And like me playing a lot of RPGs. And like him playing my Tales of Vesperia about halfway through.

Are you sure you're not me?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#3chickenlardPosted 6/20/2013 8:34:08 PM
Yes, I like everything. JRPGs' are my favorite, but I will play platformers, to shooters, to horror. I really don't like western rpg's that much. such as Skyrim and Dragons dogma. My brother only plays COD,and the occasional new Resident evil game.
#4Argh4430Posted 6/20/2013 8:35:34 PM
Yes. All my sisters enjoy different kinds of games than each other and me. The only genre we all enjoy are RPGs, and even then we enjoy different kinds of RPGs. That said, just like you mentioned, we play together, but we all have different games. It makes playing our 3DS games in multiplayer that much harder.
#5georgethecow4Posted 6/20/2013 8:37:00 PM
And now I realize your username is Lowell. Like Yuri Lowell. Holy moly.
---
#6lowell666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 8:40:43 PM(edited)
georgethecow4 posted...
This sounds so much like me and my brother, right down to him having a 3DS and trading it in and playing online FPS's. And like me playing a lot of RPGs. And like him playing my Tales of Vesperia about halfway through.

Back at you O_o. Vesperia was actually the Tales game I was thinking of when I put that. We also played Graces and will try to co-op Xillia (though he has a gf that's constantly over, so I don't know how long that will last lol)

EDIT: You got me. Thinking back, I really wish I had chosen a different username. I was young, and just coming off the hype of Vesperia. It's still my favorite game (or at least Yuri is my fave character) but the username itself... blows
---
#7MCcakePosted 6/20/2013 8:43:25 PM
I enjoy most fantasy action games and jrpgs.

Only game I've ever seen my brother play was Call of Duty. :v
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(mickey)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#8georgethecow4Posted 6/20/2013 8:51:35 PM
lowell666 posted...
georgethecow4 posted...

Back at you O_o. Vesperia was actually the Tales game I was thinking of when I put that. We also played Graces and will try to co-op Xillia (though he has a gf that's constantly over, so I don't know how long that will last lol)

EDIT: You got me. Thinking back, I really wish I had chosen a different username. I was young, and just coming off the hype of Vesperia. It's still my favorite game (or at least Yuri is my fave character) but the username itself... blows

Haha, I know that feeling, my brother's girlfriend needs to find somewhere else to hang out...I never did get him to play Graces, although I have a feeling that he would get annoyed with the game's story and message pretty quickly. But dang, I can't wait for Xillia. Probably wont be able to pick it up for awhile because I'm moving to a university, but once I'm settled in I'm gonna rock that thing.

And you regret your username? Try going by "Georgethecow." That's my XBL gamer tag as well, so I've basically stopped telling people I have one because the name is ridiculous. I'll never understand my middle school self.
---
#9lowell666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:07:41 PM(edited)
georgethecow4 posted...
lowell666 posted...
georgethecow4 posted...

Haha, I know that feeling, my brother's girlfriend needs to find somewhere else to hang out...I never did get him to play Graces, although I have a feeling that he would get annoyed with the game's story and message pretty quickly. But dang, I can't wait for Xillia. Probably wont be able to pick it up for awhile because I'm moving to a university, but once I'm settled in I'm gonna rock that thing.

And you regret your username? Try going by "Georgethecow." That's my XBL gamer tag as well, so I've basically stopped telling people I have one because the name is ridiculous. I'll never understand my middle school self.

Yes... I'm interested in the origin of that name as well. I guess george is your name, but what about you is "cow"? Are you half black/half white? Do you like burgers more than the average person?

EDIT: Thx for the friend request ^_^
---
#10TinyTim123Posted 6/20/2013 9:13:06 PM
My brother and I have some interests that overlap, and some that do not. I really like fighting games... him, not so much. He does like Tekken, though.
I tend to like strategy games, he lies action games. He likes FPS, I only like a few FPS (like TimeSplitters, and some Borderlands 2). He's actually way more into games than I am, I pretty much only like certain games. I don't have the patience for any more long turn based RPGs. He thinks he likes them, but then doesn't ever get around to finishing them.
So yeah, we're different enough, but do have some overlap in interests.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/