New to nintendo rewards

#1Lief_of_DelPosted 6/21/2013 2:58:09 AM
Wish I didn't throw away all those useless pieces of paper when I bought all my games. Anyways, I just registered everything I had and reached gold status. I noticed something about platinum and read that a year runs from July 1st- June 30th. Did I screw myself over by not waiting till the next time frame started? I created my account today.
---
'I' before 'E' except before... running a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighborhood!
#2Akira1256Posted 6/21/2013 3:02:16 AM
It's true that waiting until July would have given you more of a chance to reach Platinum before the deadline, but we don't know what the rewards will be, yet. They might actually be decent, this time.

(...yes, I know, it's a long shot.)
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#3Lief_of_Del(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 5:50:02 PM
So since I just reached gold status, what happens? I am a little confused what I achieved. Will my coins disappear? Is there something I should do before July 1st?
---
'I' before 'E' except before... running a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighborhood!
#4therandomguy1Posted 6/21/2013 6:11:39 PM
Depending on what status you have (gold/platnium) you'll receive a reward at a time, your status will then reset but your coins will not.
#5YomerodesPosted 6/21/2013 8:57:48 PM
Lief_of_Del posted...
So since I just reached gold status, what happens? I am a little confused what I achieved. Will my coins disappear? Is there something I should do before July 1st?

You retain your coins, your status resets (so you will need another 300 coin to reobtain the gold status next year) and you can choose one gold free reward.
The platinum status difference is that they get extra rewards, and they can choose one from either the platinum or the gold rewards. Platinun tend to be obviously more expensive and or rare...but if they are better or not than the gold rewards is a matter of personal taste.

For the record, here are the rewards from last year, so you get an idea about what can you expect from a gold status:

Gold:
-2013 Desktop Calendar
-Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again game download
-Metroid II - Return of Samus game download
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask game download
-Super Mario Kart game download

Platinum:
-Mario Playing Cards
-Limited Edition Poster Set (Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
-Any gold reward
#6QuantumWolfPosted 6/21/2013 9:10:47 PM
Funnily enough, I owe my last bit of Platinum Status thanks to my large backlog of DS games that still had their CN codes.

Only the code for Super Princess Peach expired.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2752-8950-5906
#7GoldenSun3DSPosted 6/21/2013 9:16:44 PM
You could just go buy a bunch of games until you get platinum status for this year...
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#8GX1997Posted 6/26/2013 6:25:00 PM
I'm new to CN too.Also,since you all seem happy to answer these questions,when do I claim a reward for gold status?Any particular day?
---
Kingdom Hearts 3! I knew there was a reason to keep watching! :D
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board since June 11,2013 12:06 am est
#9ValendalePosted 6/26/2013 6:41:39 PM
You gotta wait until they announce the new rewards.
#10GX1997Posted 6/26/2013 6:42:40 PM
Any date set for that yet?
---
Kingdom Hearts 3! I knew there was a reason to keep watching! :D
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board since June 11,2013 12:06 am est