Do you think they'll ever remake Final Fantasy V and VI?

#1theofficefan99Posted 6/21/2013 10:05:42 AM
These are the only remakes I want from SE, really.

And given the huge success of FFIII and IV DS and the rising popularity of the 3DS, one would think they'd at least be working on a V remake by now.

Do you guys think that they'll eventually remake these two games or are we stuck with the GBA and Anthology versions forever?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2temptempoPosted 6/21/2013 10:07:04 AM
They already "remade" FFV recently, and it came out for ios (I know). It uses the Dimensions graphics and engine, and looks awful.
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:18:05 AM
temptempo posted...
They already "remade" FFV recently, and it came out for ios (I know). It uses the Dimensions graphics and engine, and looks awful.

.... :(
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4nonty96ziePosted 6/21/2013 10:21:41 AM
I'd love for a FFV remake, only mainline FF that I've yet to play. It's just too bad SE have been taking wacky juice and even if they do remake it, it probably won't leave Japan because it seems they hate money.
---
Black FC - 5372 0619 6373
LoL EUW IGN - Poranthe
#5theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:27:40 AM
nonty96zie posted...
I'd love for a FFV remake, only mainline FF that I've yet to play. It's just too bad SE have been taking wacky juice and even if they do remake it, it probably won't leave Japan because it seems they hate money.

Yeah I desperately want V and VI remakes with them receiving the FFIV DS treatment, AKA updated script, 3D visuals, in-game cutscenes with voice acting, new gameplay features, more content, and multiple beautiful CGI cutscenes for the most pivotal moments of the plot.
---
#6Grand_BluePosted 6/21/2013 10:31:29 AM
First they will port them to iOS so that more and more people can play them and reach out to a much wider audience. I would say remakes would be possible in a couple of years for either the 3DS or the Vita or both.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#7YomerodesPosted 6/21/2013 10:36:17 AM
I suppose the reason we don't see a remake in a current game platform is because FF V is not popular enough, and FF VI is too popular.

To remake them in complete 3D in any modern console would be problem for both, FF V would require too much work for uncertain sales, and VI no doubt would face the same situation as the much talked FF VII remake...they don't want to do it in fear of staining the game reputation without the original team.
#8Radbot42Posted 6/21/2013 10:37:56 AM
I'd love to see a remake of these with beautiful graphics, but it would be hard to keep the charm if they changed it too much. Could you imagine seeing Kefka being really mad hopping around while looking like an actual human?
---
This is my NIGHTMARE!
#9theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:48:11 AM
Radbot42 posted...
I'd love to see a remake of these with beautiful graphics, but it would be hard to keep the charm if they changed it too much. Could you imagine seeing Kefka being really mad hopping around while looking like an actual human?

They can use Dissidia's models :p
---
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 11:13:20 AM
Bump
---