Should i wait to redeem all my club nintendo points?

#1NinjaluverPosted 6/21/2013 9:41:06 PM
I just bought my 3DS and realized i never joined club nintendo or redeemed any points from any of my things.

I just redeemed one of my games and it said that you achieve a certain ranking by reaching a certain number of points in a club nintendo year which is:

July 1st - June 30 -_-

So i lose my points in 8 days? So i should wait until july 1st to redeem the rest?
#2CruxisBLADEPosted 6/21/2013 9:46:30 PM
No, coins expire after not being used for TWO Club Nintendo years, so you should be all set to register up.
---
PSN: Endless_Nine
BB: Rachel/Makoto, P4A: Yukiko/Akihiko
#3Fibber_McGeePosted 6/21/2013 9:50:10 PM
It depends. If you have enough points to get at least gold status, go for it. Otherwise I'd wait. You don't lose coins when the Club Nintendo year switches over, but I do believe your status is reset.

Could be wrong on that. Feel free to correct me, anyone.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Donmilliken
3DS Friend Code: 1950-8212-1350
#4NordiniPosted 6/21/2013 10:00:50 PM
I think i'll have enough to almost reach platinum status if I wait until July 1st.

But that also means i'd have to hold off on buying my games because I want to buy them from the eshop and that would instantly add the points to my account now : ( I want Animal Crossing....
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#5Fibber_McGeePosted 6/21/2013 10:03:22 PM
You have until the end of the month to get Platinum status.

Here's what you do, buy the games you want on eShop, get those points, then add enough of the codes you have to enter manually to get to Platinum status, save the rest until next month. If you wait until next month, you're gonna have to wait a whole year to see any reward.
---
#6NordiniPosted 6/21/2013 10:08:07 PM
Lord of the Flies posted...
You have until the end of the month to get Platinum status.

Here's what you do, buy the games you want on eShop, get those points, then add enough of the codes you have to enter manually to get to Platinum status, save the rest until next month. If you wait until next month, you're gonna have to wait a whole year to see any reward.

Wait, what? It seems you're advising me to do the opposite of the way I think things work.

When you redeem 300 points for gold status, don't you immediately get that status for that current year? Then it gets reset when the year switches over? So it would make sense to wait until July so that I'm gold or platinum status the whole year?

Or are you saying that your status for the current year is determined by the amount of points you had in the previous year? Saying I will get my gold status next year if, by July 1st, I had acquired 300 points in the previous year?
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#7Fibber_McGeePosted 6/21/2013 10:36:17 PM(edited)
The Club Nintendo year ends at the end of this month. As long as you get to gold or platinum status before the end of the month you'll get this year's reward as opposed to having to wait until next summer.

Plus, once you reach Platinum any more points you add will be "wasted" in that they won't count towards next years club status, so it doesn't make sense to reach Platinum too quickly. Codes from physical copies can always be sat on until next year of course, but eShop points are automatic, no way around that. Anyway, best to play it smart to maximize your reward potential.
---
#8NordiniPosted 6/21/2013 10:33:48 PM
ohhh i see. And is that all the status is good for?
---
#9Fibber_McGeePosted 6/21/2013 10:38:12 PM(edited)
Nordini posted...
ohhh i see. And is that all the status is good for?

Yes. At the end of the Club Nintendo year you get to choose from a selection of rewards based on whether you have Gold or Platinum status. That's all the status is good for. Points remain after the year turns over and take two years to expire.
---
#10NordiniPosted 6/21/2013 10:39:31 PM
I see. They should do a better job of explaining that on their site. I was under the impression that the status gave many benefits and exclusive offers year round
---