Is there no chance for the Donkey Kong Land games to hit 3DS VC?

#1QuantumWolfPosted 6/22/2013 3:28:25 AM
Playing DKCR 3D in all its challenging glory reminded me of another DK game I used play all the time back in the day. Donkey Kong Land 2 on Game Boy. When I got my first GB Pocket, DKL2 was also bought with it and I loved it. Sadly I lost the cartridge at a certain point but I remember 100% completing my file.

Is there a chance DKL2, and its predecessor, will hit 3DS VC? Or, like their SNES counterparts on the WIi shop, there will be no chance in hell because Rare has to be such a douchey prude with the games?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2752-8950-5906
#2n00bsaib0tPosted 6/22/2013 3:40:19 AM
"Rare"? That's a funny ways of spelling Microsoft. And why would they want something like that on their competitions system?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#3gransPosted 6/22/2013 3:47:27 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
"Rare"? That's a funny ways of spelling Microsoft. And why would they want something like that on their competitions system?

Nintendo are in control of the DK related games. Rare even stated a while ago that they have no idea why Nintendo hasn't yet released DK64 on the Wii's VC as they have the ability to do so whenever they wish.

I have no idea whether Nintendo will ever release the DK Land games on the 3DS' VC, but it is possible. I'm waiting to see whether Nintendo will put the DKC games on Wii U's VC, they pulled them off of the regular Wii's VC service if i recall.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 3:48:59 AM
Oh yeah...I forgot about that.

It's not as if a re-release of some old games would be a threat to their precious Xbox One or something like that. Even the nostalgic fans would be outweighed by those that want something shiny and new.
---
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 6/22/2013 3:51:49 AM
i personally wish they'd put the color version of DKL3 but thats even less likely than any of them getting put up....
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 6/22/2013 3:57:22 AM
grans posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

Nintendo are in control of the DK related games. Rare even stated a while ago that they have no idea why Nintendo hasn't yet released DK64 on the Wii's VC as they have the ability to do so whenever they wish.

I have no idea whether Nintendo will ever release the DK Land games on the 3DS' VC, but it is possible. I'm waiting to see whether Nintendo will put the DKC games on Wii U's VC, they pulled them off of the regular Wii's VC service if i recall.

And just like that I'm on the "wtf Nintendo?" bandwagon.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 3:59:12 AM
If what was said is true, then nuts. I'm blaming the wrong company.

Guess this is another thing to add to the Goddammit Nintendo list.
---
#8GambitAcePosted 6/22/2013 7:18:17 AM
As much as I'd like to hate on the new lolrare, this seems like typical Nintendo VC neglection.
---
how do you turn this on?
#9gransPosted 6/22/2013 7:21:59 AM
Rare deserves plenty of the lol's they get for what they have become. But yes this is likely purely a Nintendo related issue when even Rare has stated they have no idea why Nintendo hasn't released some of their old DK games on the VC services. Why they removed the DKC games off the Wii's VC service though I have no clue.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#10QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 1:14:39 AM
When were the DKC games removed from the Wii VC? My only guess is that they're removing them to put back up at another time. But for what possible reason still eludes me.
---