Can the 3ds use 64gb sd cards?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can the 3ds use 64gb sd cards?
3 years ago#1
Anyone know this?
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
3 years ago#2
No, the highest it can go is a 32GB SDHC card.
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
3 years ago#3
Cheers buddy. Thought so
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
3 years ago#4
spealfan444 posted...

No.
It can use 64 GB cards, that have been formatted to FAT32.
You just need to format the card first, TC, but yes, 64/128 GB SD cards work.
TheRealItachi is better than me in every way possible. - TheLevelFifty
http://i.imgur.com/r6wL6no.jpg
3 years ago#5
Cheers
3 years ago#6
To clarify, it officially supports up to 32GB SDHC cards, but people found out that even 128GB cards work as long as they're formatted to FAT32.
3 years ago#7
spealfan444 posted...

If you donīt know, donīt answer, it can use 64GB and 128GB as long it has the right format...
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
3 years ago#8
I went for the fastest possible 32gb one anyway. It was a good price on amazon. Considering i have 4gb at the moment. 32 should be plenty
3 years ago#9
Jonbazookaboz posted...
I went for the fastest possible 32gb one anyway. It was a good price on amazon. Considering i have 4gb at the moment. 32 should be plenty

Good choice, I have a 16GB one and I have 5-6 digital retail games (big ones like mh3u and dkcr), still got plenty of space for more.
You should be fine for a long time, 3DS games rarely take more than 2GB each.
3 years ago#10
I originally got a 64GB HDXC card and formatted it FAT 32. I consistently got "SD card removed" messages and my 3DS booted quite slow. I reformatted (quick and full) several times and recopied my downloaded game info to no avail. When I purchased a regular 32GB HDSC card the problems went away.

It could have been a bad card but I purchased from a reputable manufacturer that we've used for cameras and other SD card needs (and the reformatted to exFAT 64GB HDXC card has worked flawlessly since in a camera), but I did not want to go through the hassle of exchanging it and continuing the experiment.

Bottom line, 32GB HDSC card is the way to go in my experiences.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can the 3ds use 64gb sd cards?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived