Game Gear Mega Man Hitting eShop

#1TheZuperHeroPosted 6/22/2013 5:31:45 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205993

According to a rating by the ESRB, looks like the Game Gear Mega Man is headed our way! Never played it - is this a good thing or a bad thing?
---
Currently Playing: Soul Hackers, Legend of Zelda OoX, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add, message to be added back!)
#2strongo9Posted 6/22/2013 5:42:42 PM
They'll release that abomination on the eshop but not Mega Man V? Ugh.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#3Linkz1Posted 6/22/2013 6:52:08 PM
Bad thing. This is a replica from Mega Man 2, 4 & 5 NES versions.

Star Man
Bright Man
Napalm Man
Stone Man
Wave Man
Toad Man
Quick Man's Stage from MM2 (the laser stage).
Dr. Wily

There's only ONE M-Tank and several E-Tanks. Rush Coil is the only adaptor in the entire game. There wasn't room for anything else.

If you played the NES versions, like the GCN collection, 3DS VC and Wii U VC, don't bother with this one. They're identical.

I wish Capcom/Nintendo release the Game Boy Games in COLOR instead when they planned for the GBA years ago. It could be nice to see the stages, bosses in color. Only Mega Man V was for Super Game Boy SNES version.
#4AkaneJonesPosted 6/22/2013 7:49:44 PM
strongo9 posted...
They'll release that abomination on the eshop but not Mega Man V? Ugh.

Not even Mega Man II. That Game Gear game has no business existing it's a poor grafting of Mega Man 4 & Mega Man 5. It doesn't take any consideration for that smaller screen size so blind jump city. Did they not play test their own level design and screen scrolling? And don't tell me the game couldn't have had 8 robot masters. It's like they build 7 but cut the 8th because no reason. Then removed Quick Man, but stuck it back in for Wily's Stage and just warp you out and forget the RM showdown.

Seriously it could have worked if they had checked there level design so there were so many blind jumps. Then moved Quick Man Stage, including Quick Man, up to the starting 4 with Bright Man, Star Man, & Napalm Man. Next made a Second selection set for Wave Man, Toad Man, & Stone Man while including say Shadow Man(at least for better weapon). Final Actually building a real Wily Stage, with a RM down and another Wily Bot.

The weapon selection would still suck. Who thought Rain Flush, Power Stone, & Water Wave were good together. Napalm Bomb & Star Crush seem the only things of use. Still to move on to this MM game and not the other 4 Game Boy ones what is Capcom thinking.
#590sRetroGamingPosted 6/22/2013 7:59:52 PM(edited)
So hard to get Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos up there huh Sega?. oh and Sonic the Hedgehog 3D. oh and the other 3D Classics which have all been out in japan for awhile now...
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life