I hope, if there is a MM remake, that they fix the save issues.

#1mtjormitchPosted 6/22/2013 11:26:27 PM
The game is perfect. I will not lie about that. However the saving needs to be more like OoT instead of... whatever the hell is up the MM's... I mean. Seriously. I don't even know what to do with it, it is so explained weirdly that I can't figure it out.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2its_mattPosted 6/22/2013 11:35:20 PM
Make sure you bank your rupees before you wind back time to make a permanent save. The owl statues let you make a suspend save state that is deleted when you start up again. I think the song of time played backwards slows time down so you don't have to run around the dungeons like a mad person. I think the way the save function worked was integral to the game but it wouldn't hurt to let you make a suspend save state where ever you are rather than just at owl statues.
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 6/23/2013 12:55:26 AM
I can guarantee you if it gets a remake, the save system will NOT be changed.
#4kylemcauliffe15Posted 6/23/2013 1:12:20 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...

That would be making the game all over again, so why wouldn't something like that be different if possible?
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#5PrettyBoyMarthPosted 6/23/2013 1:18:59 AM
The save system is designed around the game. Changing it would almost be like changing a piece of the core gameplay experience.
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 478
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 6/23/2013 1:21:21 AM
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

That would be making the game all over again, so why wouldn't something like that be different if possible?

since when does "remake" = "changing the core game?" you've never actually seen a remake have you? why would they change the save system? for one, it renders the song of time worthless, you would be able to save whenever you wanted and use that to abuse the game's 3 day system,(the most likely reason the save system is the way it is) and they'd have to think of a new way to reset the days that doesn't save in the process.
#7JonbazookabozPosted 6/23/2013 1:23:16 AM
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/Jonbazookaboz/744888CE-26BC-406A-8370-B7059E5F92F8-2685-0000012DBEC0846F.jpg
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#8GensokyoPosted 6/23/2013 1:25:45 AM
The problem with the MM save system is that if you accidentally turn off the game (like if there is a power outage, or the game freezes like it sometimes did in the GC-disc version) it would completely ruin your experience had you not recently...rewinded (rewound?) time. Having to redo a ton of things you just did because of save issues is not fun.
#9crimsonclaw111Posted 6/23/2013 1:27:22 AM
Thankfully 3DS has a sleep mode.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#10The Blob2000Posted 6/23/2013 1:29:34 AM
You seriously can't make the save system in MM like OoT without throwing out the foundation the game was built on.

Did you know the owl saves were added for the North American version? The Japanese version of MM only had the regular three save slots and they worked like the two we got, which meant you couldn't save in the middle of a 3 day cycle in the Japanese version.

The owl saves are there to help you out if you don't like always having to start from the beginning of the cycle when you quit and come back.

One trick I used to use was to make an owl save, copy it to the second slot, then load the first slot. The owl saves work like interrupt saves (they delete when you load them) so copying it to the second slot gave you a backup just in case you screwed something up and wanted a checkpoint to work with.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.