Where is 3D Zelda?

#21n00bsaib0tPosted 6/24/2013 9:38:00 AM
Rovelius posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
wintrepunk posted...
There is no way this is going to happen. All we are going to get is 3 remakes if were lucky. Two have been announced already. Can't see Nintendo releasing four zelda games for one system.

Where the hell are you getting 4? We got 2 remakes for the 3DS and the Wii U is getting Wind waker. Unless I missed something,Wind Waker is only for the Wii U. How does the 3DS have 4?

The only 3DS Zelda remake is... There isn't one. Learn what a port is. Adding 3D doesn't make OoT a remake. The other 3DS Zelda is a sequel set in the same world. Unless you want to consider Empire Strikes Back to be a remake of A New Hope for being a direct sequel set in the same world then ALBW is not a remake.

Stop bending reality to justify your logic. They didn't ''just add 3D''. Improved textures, sound, model, framerate, user interface, new content. By your logic, Wind Waker HD is just a port? LMAO.

The only new content is the boss rush. The models and textures are literally just a paint job, you don't have to remake the entire game to reskin a model or a mountain. You dont have to rebuild the entire game from the ground up to change the UI. Going to better hardware makes the framerate possible, again this isnt built from the ground up. It's a graphically enhanced port, that's it. It's not rebuilt from the ground up, it's OoT made pretty.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#22RPGNinja123Posted 6/24/2013 11:00:30 AM
I am still waiting for a Zelda that is a real RPG.

Levels, stats and experience please.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#23Dark_LawlPosted 6/24/2013 11:08:36 AM
Majora's Mask 3DS isn't coming until late next year at the earliest. They know they need to space out time between Zelda titles, especially remakes.

Nintendo just needs to keep people playing 3DS until then. It'll have a bigger install base by then, but if 3DS systems are just collecting dust and have lost momentum, then games will stop selling. That's what happened with the Wii. It's a miracle that Skyward Sword and Xenoblade sold as much as they did in such horrible circumstances for the system.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#24RPGNinja123Posted 6/24/2013 11:20:19 AM
Dark_Lawl posted...
Majora's Mask 3DS isn't coming until late next year at the earliest. They know they need to space out time between Zelda titles, especially remakes.

Nintendo just needs to keep people playing 3DS until then. It'll have a bigger install base by then, but if 3DS systems are just collecting dust and have lost momentum, then games will stop selling. That's what happened with the Wii. It's a miracle that Skyward Sword and Xenoblade sold as much as they did in such horrible circumstances for the system.

Reggie stalled way too long on bringing Xenoblade over because he was a hater of the game at first and kept doubting it. Then when the fan response became so overwhelming he had no choice but to bring it over.

Gee a console starving for good JRPGs and he had to actually debate whether or not to bring it over.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#25ZanimarPosted 6/24/2013 11:49:03 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The only 3DS Zelda remake is... There isn't one. Learn what a port is. Adding 3D doesn't make OoT a remake. The other 3DS Zelda is a sequel set in the same world. Unless you want to consider Empire Strikes Back to be a remake of A New Hope for being a direct sequel set in the same world then ALBW is not a remake.

Remake

Transitive Verb

To make again or anew.

Noun

1. The act of remaking.
2. Something in remade form, especially a new version of an earlier movie or song.

Zelda OOT 3D has new graphics, higher frame rate, has a guide system, has a changed Master Quest, adds the touch screen item system along with dedicated button for ocarina and 2 more item use slots. Pretty sure that qualifies as a remake as the definition says since the game was remade for the 3DS.
---
PSN - Ruxl
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#26CompassPosted 6/24/2013 12:15:34 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...

I don't remember if it had stats, but Zelda 2 had levels and XP.
#27Argh4430Posted 6/24/2013 12:32:05 PM
Compass posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

I don't remember if it had stats, but Zelda 2 had levels and XP.

It had stats alright, but there's still health and magic upgrade collectables. It's just you get more from leveling up, too. It had all the stats it needed for being an action game.
#28n00bsaib0tPosted 6/24/2013 1:24:15 PM
Zanimar posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

Remake

Transitive Verb

To make again or anew.

Noun

1. The act of remaking.
2. Something in remade form, especially a new version of an earlier movie or song.

Zelda OOT 3D has new graphics, higher frame rate, has a guide system, has a changed Master Quest, adds the touch screen item system along with dedicated button for ocarina and 2 more item use slots. Pretty sure that qualifies as a remake as the definition says since the game was remade for the 3DS.

The code was ported, not remade. It's a port. A very pretty port. RE1 on GC was a remake, it used a new engine and was built from the ground up. OoT 3D is OoT with a new skin, controls altered to suit the console, and a boss rush. The master quest is not new. Seriously, if you bothered to read the whole thread you would know I've already debunked everything you said. Repeatedly.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#29ZanimarPosted 6/24/2013 1:56:44 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The code was ported, not remade. It's a port. A very pretty port. RE1 on GC was a remake, it used a new engine and was built from the ground up. OoT 3D is OoT with a new skin, controls altered to suit the console, and a boss rush. The master quest is not new. Seriously, if you bothered to read the whole thread you would know I've already debunked everything you said. Repeatedly.

The only "debunking" you have done is saying that the 3DS version is a "port with new paint." You seem to be the one who doesn't bother to read, or at the least does not know what a port is.

Port

Verb (for the relevant definition since it's got a quite a few)

Transfer (software) from one system to another.

This would mean that if OOT 3DS was just a simple port then the only thing that would have been done was changing the controls to that of what the 3DS uses, and little to nothing else, but yet there is a lot of work put into it beyond just simply making it work for 3DS and tacking on 3D. Heck if you want a perfect example of a port look at Tales of the Abyss for 3DS, all that's done is just giving it 3DS controls and making it work for 3D, but beyond those two things nothing is added, nothing is changed, it's exactly the same as the PS2 version.

Zelda OOT 3DS is only the same in story and locations, but beyond that it's all new models, new textures, even new additions. And I didn't say Master Quest itself was new, I said it was changed as in, not being how it was originally done. Not all remakes have to change the entire story or add all new areas just to qualify as a remake, they can be as simple as remaking models and graphics or several other simple and minor things that aren't major overhauls.

Since you used REmake as an example of why Zelda OOT 3DS is not a remake, I'm gonna use the PS3/PC/Xbox360 version of Resident Evil Revelations as to why OOT 3DS is a remake. After all, RER on the consoles basically looks the same as the 3DS version, has the exact same story, and barely adds anything new and yet it's called an HD remake since they remade the game using HD textures and stuff. Did they use the same coding for the 3DS version? More than likely, but they remade everything else, so it still counts as a remake.
---
PSN - Ruxl
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#30ukokira1Posted 6/24/2013 4:03:39 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
wintrepunk posted...
There is no way this is going to happen. All we are going to get is 3 remakes if were lucky. Two have been announced already. Can't see Nintendo releasing four zelda games for one system.

Where the hell are you getting 4? We got 2 remakes for the 3DS and the Wii U is getting Wind waker. Unless I missed something,Wind Waker is only for the Wii U. How does the 3DS have 4?

? Ocarina of Time 3D is a remake.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11