Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion? Or others?(getting an XL tomorrow)

#1keybladeXIIIPosted 6/24/2013 7:48:12 PM(edited)
I've had the original 3DS since launch, but now I've got a little extra cash and I wanna upgrade to the XL so that future games like Pokemon and Phoenix Wright will look good and I won't feel like I'm missing out.

I'm going to pick a game up along with it tomorrow, and I've narrowed it down to FE and LM.
I'm open to other suggestions as well, but please read what I have already played.

I already have:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Kingdom Hearts DDD
Paper Mario SS
Harmoknight

I used to have:
Super Mario 3D Land- I got bored with it after I beat it and sold it
Mario Kart 7- "had" to sell it to get some other games. Greatly regret it. Considering re-buying with the big screens.
Ocarina of Time- got bored with it after I beat it for the millionth time(counting N64)

I'm not a huge RPG guy, but I always thought the Fire Emblem games were fun, however I never really got into them, as in, after the beginning I would get bored. I played the one on GBA and DS(from my friends) but I thought the story felt kinda boring and never got around really playing them. I played the Awakening demo and thought it was pretty cool, tho. As long as it's long and worth the money I'm in.

As for Luigi's Mansion, I never played the original but I've heard nothing but good things about it from my favorite reviewers and it seems like a sleeper hit. Other than that, I dunno, just seems like a good game.

Any other games I should look into based on what I've played, and what looks good on the larger screens?

Thanks in advance.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster
#2keybladeXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 7:58:04 PM
Also, how much is the difference from 2GB to 4GB games-wise? I had to delete Paper Mario just to make room for Animal Crossing and it kinda annoyed me considering I had pretty much nothing else installed.
---
#3keybladeXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 8:36:39 PM
Anyone?
---
#4TheRealJimmyCPosted 6/24/2013 8:53:57 PM
Fire Emblem has content that will last you a long time, not including all the dlc. I am similar to you that I'm not that into JRPG games, but it's still really good.

You can't go wrong with Luigi. Game is very fun but a bit on the shorter side.

I recommend getting both eventually, but if you can only get one for right now, go FE
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Halo Wars, Borderlands 2, Forza 4/Horizon
#5HermeticJusticePosted 6/24/2013 8:55:14 PM
SMT IV on 16 July
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The official Lea of the Kingdom Hearts III board
#6GoreGrossPosted 6/24/2013 8:55:16 PM
Quote:Fire Emblem has content that will last you a long time, not including all the dlc. I am similar to you that I'm not that into JRPG games, but it's still really good.

You can't go wrong with Luigi. Game is very fun but a bit on the shorter side.

I recommend getting both eventually, but if you can only get one for right now, go FE

@TheRealJimmyC
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#7keybladeXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 10:39:19 PM
Alright thanks. I think I'm gonna go for Fire Emblem.

Do you guys think that Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, AND Fire Emblem will be able to fit on the 4GB SD card that comes with the system?
---
#8BuretsuPosted 6/24/2013 10:41:59 PM
Fire Emblem will last longer, and Luigi's Mansion is rather disappointing at times.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9Xenesis XenonPosted 6/24/2013 10:46:16 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Alright thanks. I think I'm gonna go for Fire Emblem.

Do you guys think that Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, AND Fire Emblem will be able to fit on the 4GB SD card that comes with the system?

I don't imagine so. Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem would take up almost all of that card just by themselves.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.