How deeply invested are you in with the 3DS?

#21hyper kobun dashPosted 6/25/2013 3:49:17 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/hyperkobundash/games/owned?platform=1068

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/hyperkobundash/games/owned?platform=1026

I'm in pretty deep. I also have SMT IV and Pokemon preordered and a long eshop wishlist. For the most part, I've phased out console gaming and play 3DS almost exclusively.
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#22HermeticJusticePosted 6/25/2013 3:52:20 PM
I've played more games on my NDS than I played on my PS2, and I played more games on my PS2 than I have on my SNES

Needless to say I'm deeply invested

I can see 3DS coming close in it's lifttime though I'm afraid it might fall short this generation

also GB vanilla, color, advance, and SP where the best consoles ever IMO, sans nostalgia
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The official Lea of the Kingdom Hearts III board
#23ECOsvaldo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 1:50:30 AM(edited)
Razieru posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...
There has been no other company that even came close to Nintendo's sales and install base for handheld gaming.

Ah, more stagnant fanboyism. Are you willfully blind and ignorant to the PS/N64 & PS2/GC eras? Try again, and guess which system prevailed in each of those eras. It's not fair to include just their hand held success, kiddo.

What do you mean it's not fair? Did Sony have a handheld console back in the day during the original Playstation era that I don't know about? As far as I'm concerned, this board is about the 3DS, and the system is a handheld console, hence why I said handheld gaming in my statement.

For your information, here's the total install base combined for every company's handheld system to date:

Nintendo - 386.75 million
Sony - 84.47 million
Sega - 10.62 million
Bandai - 1.34 million

SOURCE - http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Again, please try and name a company that has even COME CLOSE to Nintendo's total install base!
---
Anyone who tries to compare Steam to what MS is trying to turn XBL into loses all credibility - Jstretch19
#24Lord_FroodPosted 6/26/2013 2:59:50 AM
Comparatively speaking (so let's assume we looked at the gameplay time for each system as being 2.5 years or so), out of all my Nintendo systems, this one has received the least amount of play time.
---
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI
#25BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/26/2013 3:00:57 AM
We're legally married, TC.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#26AqouzePosted 6/26/2013 3:02:57 AM
about $800-$900.... and it just in 3months time.

i think i need to slow down before i gone bankrup.
#27QuantumWolfPosted 6/26/2013 3:16:51 AM
By this point, the 3DS has become my main game system to play. I have none of the current consoles, my Wii has been reduced to an exercise machine, and my PC isn't gaming capable.

Needless to say I've invested quite a lot in it. All the 9 current 3DS games I own were all bought by me, I've spent on a couple of eshop titles and VC games, and bought the DLC of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. I've also spent money on a new charger after my old one broke.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2752-8950-5906
#28moogle69Posted 6/26/2013 3:43:19 AM
adonfraz posted...
Razieru posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...
There has been no other company that even came close to Nintendo's sales and install base for handheld gaming.

Ah, more stagnant fanboyism. Are you willfully blind and ignorant to the PS/N64 & PS2/GC eras? Try again, and guess which system prevailed in each of those eras. It's not fair to include just their hand held success, kiddo.

Is this really necessary? I mean, I can see how fans over-praising a company can be harmful and cause said-company to become lazy.

However, the 3DS has been delivering solid titles covering multiple genres all year.

Now if some guy starts heaping praise on Wii U board, go nuts man.

The guy literally gets upset by praise of nintendo. Wii U is bsd but for me its good (just to burn the guy more, Nintendo gsmes are sex). Good thing im getting a ps4 as well.

On topic, I just bought a massive case bundle for this thing and already dpent probably over 1000 bucks worth. :D
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Backlog Growing for the system i own
#29WutengPosted 6/26/2013 6:11:15 AM
QuantumWolf posted...
By this point, the 3DS has become my main game system to play. I have none of the current consoles,and my PC isn't gaming capable.

ditto
---
Max 2380-3218-5410
#30iLLsteezePosted 6/26/2013 8:43:00 AM
moogle69 posted...
adonfraz posted...
Razieru posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...

Is this really necessary? I mean, I can see how fans over-praising a company can be harmful and cause said-company to become lazy.

However, the 3DS has been delivering solid titles covering multiple genres all year.

Now if some guy starts heaping praise on Wii U board, go nuts man.

The guy literally gets upset by praise of nintendo. Wii U is bsd but for me its good (just to burn the guy more, Nintendo gsmes are sex). Good thing im getting a ps4 as well.

On topic, I just bought a massive case bundle for this thing and already dpent probably over 1000 bucks worth. :D

its so funny how upset he gets over nintendo lol, kiddo
---
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.