Disappointment with a new 3DS System

#1beebarbPosted 6/25/2013 3:33:54 AM
I bought a new 3DS XL recently, as I intend to get the games Pokemon X and Y when they come out and I considered that the XL might be more appropriate. I had traded in my DSi toward the system after transferring the content to my original model 3DS and preparing it appropriately as I have very little spare money and even a pittance of trade credit is worth it.

However, upon attempting to transfer only certain titles (Virtual Console, DSiWare and select eShop titles) to the new system, to my horror I was presented not only with a transfer limit, but also an abhorent concept of "We think you will only ever want to do a full system transfer, so thats the only option you'll get!! (insert evil laugh)"

I cannot afford to purchase the select content again, nor do I wish to perform a full transfer.

Do the people at Nintendo have to fail the logic portions of an intelligence test to be able to work there?
---
Looking forward to Pokemon X and Y.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#2SosdocPosted 6/25/2013 3:50:49 AM
beebarb posted...

Do the people at Nintendo have to fail the logic portions of an intelligence test to be able to work there?

Only the ones that work on anything that has something to do with the internet.
#3RPGNinja123Posted 6/25/2013 6:18:00 AM
What exactly are you scared about? I mean I think the policy is dumb but you are going to get another 4 XL's down the road? Get serious.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#4tranceaddict19Posted 6/25/2013 6:23:56 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
What exactly are you scared about? I mean I think the policy is dumb but you are going to get another 4 XL's down the road? Get serious.

Another dweeb that has to find something anything to complain about.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#5Baha05Posted 6/25/2013 6:28:10 AM
tranceaddict19 posted...
Another dweeb that has to find something anything to complain about.

Wouldn't say that, though TC unless you do plan on doing 4 more transfers you should be fine.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#6GloryChaosPosted 6/25/2013 6:32:03 AM
Apparently, it's possible to call Nintendo if you really need to do additionally system transfers. Don't take my word on this because this is just what I've heard on these boards.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#7GLDanzegoPosted 6/25/2013 7:05:46 AM
beebarb posted...
I bought a new 3DS XL recently, as I intend to get the games Pokemon X and Y when they come out and I considered that the XL might be more appropriate. I had traded in my DSi toward the system after transferring the content to my original model 3DS and preparing it appropriately as I have very little spare money and even a pittance of trade credit is worth it.

However, upon attempting to transfer only certain titles (Virtual Console, DSiWare and select eShop titles) to the new system, to my horror I was presented not only with a transfer limit, but also an abhorent concept of "We think you will only ever want to do a full system transfer, so thats the only option you'll get!! (insert evil laugh)"

I cannot afford to purchase the select content again, nor do I wish to perform a full transfer.

So transfer it all and delete what you don't want on there. No big deal.

Also, what are you talking about "cannot afford to purchase the select content again"? It's not like you have to rebuy anything that you transfer.

--
#8EnlinoPosted 6/25/2013 7:23:29 AM
So... you want to keep some of your game on the old 3ds, and transfer some to the new one? Is that right?

Why?
#9FishbulbPosted 6/25/2013 7:35:09 AM(edited)
Just copy them all then delete what you don't want.

You don't have to re-purchase your titles once you've transferred over your account - even if you delete them.

---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#10UponADarkThornePosted 6/25/2013 7:56:36 AM
Wait... What?

I get not being able to afford to buy **** again...

But you don't want to do a systems transfer? Why?

Is this some reference to something I'm missing?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson