Disappointment with a new 3DS System

#21ZanimarPosted 6/25/2013 11:10:34 PM
beebarb posted...
Well, I have a few titles on the first 3DS (though not really as DSiWare doesn't work on the SD card) that I can't play without doing data management.

The less frequently played titles would stay on the first 3DS and the rest would be on the XL, had I been given the option. However, with the present situation I have to leave the first 3DS as-is and download new content to the XL.

There's a few favourites I'd prefer to have on the XL. I keep both systems because I still have a use for the first 3DS. Unlike my DSi which became redundant the moment I decided to get the XL.

Well if you don't mind me asking, why do you want to separate them as such, seems like a bit of a hassle to have them divided between systems like that? I dunno, to me it would seem simpler to just make folders to sort your most played in one and your least played in another.

Another question if you don't mind. What about getting the XL renders the DSi redundant that your original 3DS didn't do? If you'll forgive my taking a stab in the dark, my guess is for trading Pokemon between game version, which I can understand and I had that same intent when I bought a XL, though I eventually traded in my original 3DS since I got so use to using XL.

Are the games you don't want to rebuy full 3DS games or just eShop and VC games? I can relate to having to work on a budget and I wouldn't want to have to rebuy full 3DS games either (which I am doing, for a different reason, and only one replacement every couple months or so). I mean if it's the 3DS games that are what got you, you could always do a full transfer and just get the eShop/VC games on the other 3DS. It would suck, but at least you aren't having to rebuy the 3DS games again.
---
PSN - Ruxl
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#22Tzuba12Posted 6/25/2013 11:13:42 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
beebarb posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
TC is clearly 11 and trying to cover up the fact that he touches himself at night. Grown men fully admit to touching themselves frequently. Also the restricted budget thing. He means mommy won't buy him games twice. Just transfer and sell the old system.

People like you make me sick, bringing up such immaturity and making assumptions about someone's age. For your information I am in my late 20s.

I am keeping both systems for a very good reason. I am on a disability pension and have to be careful what I spend my money on. Buying a games console or even a game or two is a rare luxury.

I decided to exchange my DSi for a 3DS XL because there is a title I want coming out later with certain features that will require access to a second 3DS and I know no-one else with a 3DS system.

You mad?

You're insufferable. Seriously, there was no need to attack the TC like that.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#23beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 11:35:51 PM
Zanimar posted...
Well if you don't mind me asking, why do you want to separate them as such, seems like a bit of a hassle to have them divided between systems like that?

Though it would at first, it wouldn't really have been that much of a hassle long term as I intended for the XL to be my primary system just as my DSi was. Once I got used to the separation, it would be easy to manage.

What about getting the XL renders the DSi redundant that your original 3DS didn't do? If you'll forgive my taking a stab in the dark, my guess is for trading Pokemon between game version, which I can understand and I had that same intent when I bought a XL, though I eventually traded in my original 3DS since I got so use to using XL.

Well put it simply, if I kept the DSi the 3DS and the 3DS XL the DSi would be redundant as it does everything the 3DS systems can, and I would have no reason to go back to using it. Especially when Pokemon X and Y come out.

Are the games you don't want to rebuy full 3DS games or just eShop and VC games?

Mostly eShop, DSiWare and VC titles, though I have one download version of a retail game which I would rather not repurchase. As well as add-on content for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, which I'd rather play on the XL.
---
Looking forward to Pokemon X and Y.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#24G1ingyPosted 6/26/2013 12:24:17 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
beebarb posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
TC is clearly 11 and trying to cover up the fact that he touches himself at night. Grown men fully admit to touching themselves frequently. Also the restricted budget thing. He means mommy won't buy him games twice. Just transfer and sell the old system.

People like you make me sick, bringing up such immaturity and making assumptions about someone's age. For your information I am in my late 20s.

I am keeping both systems for a very good reason. I am on a disability pension and have to be careful what I spend my money on. Buying a games console or even a game or two is a rare luxury.

I decided to exchange my DSi for a 3DS XL because there is a title I want coming out later with certain features that will require access to a second 3DS and I know no-one else with a 3DS system.

You mad?

Just report him and move on ahead.
#25novelaaPosted 6/26/2013 3:52:53 AM
this has to be the worst reason complain topic i ever seen
just transfer everything jesus
#26Primum_MobilePosted 6/26/2013 4:52:55 AM
Zanimar posted...
I dunno, to me it would seem simpler to just make folders to sort your most played in one and your least played in another.

the problem is that dsiware has to launch from system memory on the 3DS. If you move it to the SD card, you can't launch it. and I am guessing TC has a lot of dsiwares.

Sorry TC, you are SOL.
from what i read, it seems you had a chance to selectively move dsiware between your 2 3DSs. But you didn't. So now it's too late.

For the record, some people will argue that ds is still useful even w/ 3ds around, since ds game still displayed best on its native machine.
granted, 3DS XL is markedly better at displaying DS game compare to the original 3DS, especially since you can have it display at the correct pixel size (not use full screen), and still be large enough to be playable. But DS is still the best machine for displaying DS games.
Well, it's really not that big of a deal, if i had to trade in my dsi XL for my 3DS, i probably wouldn't mind playing DS game on 3DS. Plus i can track DS game play statistic via activity log.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#27n00bsaib0tPosted 6/26/2013 5:00:03 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
beebarb posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

You mad?

You should know that I'm deeply saddened by the opinion of random person #632894389 on the Internet and your comments have been taken under serious consideration.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#28Black_AssassinPosted 6/26/2013 5:04:44 AM
beebarb posted...
Perhaps I should start to expand and idiot-proof my writing.

Yes, you should.

You're posting on GameFAQs, after all.
---
lowercase
#29beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 6:21:53 AM
novelaa posted...
this has to be the worst reason complain topic i ever seen
just transfer everything jesus

Did you only skim the posts? Certainly seems that way, considering you seem to have no proper sense of the reason why I wish to do the individual transfers. Not everyone can accept the limitations imposed upon them by a corporation.

Each device I own has it's own purpose, in the case of the 3DS XL it is replacing my traded-in DSi as my primary handheld. I had to trade in my DSi for budget reasons. Most of what is on the original 3DS is to stay on that system.

If I had had the money, I would have kept the DSi long enough to transfer the content from that to the 3DS XL directly. But I didn't, and had to make a choice - one that seemed to make sense given my individual situation. Not everyone can afford to work around Nintendo's limitations.

My desire for individual transfers is so I can fulfil the original intent of getting what was on my DSi on to the 3DS XL. Not everyone pays attention to transfer procedures until they need them, because before then it's often seen as unimportant, seemingly unnecessary information.
---
Looking forward to Pokemon X and Y.
White FC: 3698-1358-7183 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0176-2626-8513 / 3DS XL FC: 1650-1838-2721