I've only played A Wonderful Life for Gcube, will I like the 3DS Harvest Moon?

#1JigglybuffPosted 6/25/2013 8:29:36 AM
Just wondering, I have only ever played A Wonderful Life, and I loved it.

Would I enjoy the new 3DS one? I know the series is like the Zelda series, where the handhelds are massively different from the console games.
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
For such a laid back game, the Animal Crossing New Leaf board is sure full of elitests.
#2YomerodesPosted 6/25/2013 9:06:14 AM
Well...in fact, a Wonderful LIfe is very different compared to most Harvest Moons released before or after it. So much indeed, that a fairly big portion of the hardcore fanbase of the franchise regularly point A Wonderful Life and its spinoffs (Special Edition on ps2, and another wonderful life on gamecube) as the worst games in the series.

I have not played A New Beggining, but for everything I have seen, it seems all around better than A Wonderful Life. There are more marriage options, you can choose the gender of your character, you can trade and connect with other players, you have a wide range of customization options for your character and farm, there are more festivals and events, the town is bigger...and so on. Only if you really really liked some of the more particular elements of a Wonderful Life (the chapters temporal changes, the more realistic graphics) I can imagine you a little dissapointed with a New Beginning.
#3druskiePosted 6/25/2013 10:57:54 AM
a new biginning is the best harvest moon game in years.
---
http://www.kissanime.com
thousands of free anime, added to daily.
#4DishSoapPosted 6/25/2013 11:01:49 AM
I tried hard to enjoy A Wonderful Life but couldn't, the graphics were nice but thats the only nice thing i could say. maybe you'll enjoy the traditional harvest moons, they are addicting
---
3ds fc: 0259-0408-0854