6 months in, my collection grows..

#1miketheman109Posted 6/25/2013 4:55:22 PM
So I have now owned the 3DS XL for 6 months, and I just have to say that it is simply amazing! I have always been a hardcore Nintendo fan, but the 3DS has me so pumped and excited about gaming in a way that I haven't had for a while.

Here is what I have after 6 months:

- Mario 3D Land (simply fantastic game, played to 100%)
- Ocarina of Time 3D (what needs to be said, a masterpiece)
- Mario Kart 7 (an excellent addition to the series, online is great)
- Fire Emblem Awakening (one of the best games on the system, extremely impressive)
- Steel Diver (got a sealed copy for $2.99, it was worth it for a few hours of fun)
- Pilot Wings: Resort (bought brand new for $4.99, which is fair because it is a fun little game)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (love this game, great presentation, and I find the controls work quite well)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (another fun game, and a worthy sequel to the original)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (every 3DS owner should have this game. Already played over 50 hours)
- Donkey Kong Country: Returns 3D (a very good port of a great game. Still have lots left to do)
- Project X Zone (just picked this up today and am enjoying it so far)

So those are 11 games I have acquired over the past 6 months, with plenty more games out there and on the horizon that I will pick up. But so far I am extremely happy with my collection, and still have plenty left to do with some of the games. Why is the 3DS so amazing?!
#2tompound90Posted 6/25/2013 5:06:58 PM
You got some good games dude! I've still gotta pick up Luigi's Mansion and DKCR3D when I get some cash

Yeah after a slow start the 3DS is dominating hard now, so many good games. More awsomeness coming soon too, with Mario and Luigi and the Zelda LttP sequel. Also looking forward to the Batman Arkym game, fingers crossed its good. Have you downloaded any e-shop games?
#3HermeticJusticePosted 6/25/2013 5:07:02 PM
SMT IV in three weeks on 16 July
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The official Lea of the Kingdom Hearts III board
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 6/25/2013 5:07:23 PM
I have a myriad of games.

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/4278/igd1.jpg

Ignore the Vita games.

Blank case: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Not pictured: Sonic Generations

Digital retail: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Tetris Axis, Bit. Trip Saga
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5KamilPosted 6/25/2013 5:10:00 PM
I didn't really have much to add to your very positive topic, but the 3ds is a very nice system. I need to get back to playing that thing again. It's being used more for netflix at work I feel like one of those "casuals" :P

Wow SMT IV in less than a month.
---
slowbeef: Is this supposed to make me afraid of Crystal Boy? Because his name is still Crystal Boy.
Retsupurae on Cobra, a space adventure of tattoos and feet.
#6miketheman109(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:15:44 PM
Kamil posted...
I didn't really have much to add to your very positive topic, but the 3ds is a very nice system. I need to get back to playing that thing again. It's being used more for netflix at work I feel like one of those "casuals" :P

Wow SMT IV in less than a month.

Haha yup, I find it hard to be anything but positive when it comes to the 3DS. And everyone else seems to feel that way, as I honestly believe that this is the most positive and happy-go-lucky board out of any system.

I mean, my only possible complaint is that I don't have enough time to play all these games! :P
#7KamilPosted 6/25/2013 5:20:29 PM
miketheman109 posted...

Haha yup, I find it hard to be anything but positive when it comes to the 3DS. And everyone else seems to feel that way, as I honestly believe that this is the most positive and happy-go-lucky board out of any system.

I mean, my only possible complaint is that I don't have enough time to play all these games! :P

Heh yeah that's why I like it here. I mean occasionally you still get your topics like on any board, but I can find the humor in some of that. I concur on not having enough time to play all the games. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to that. I only have two 3DS games bought at retail but I do have some DS games I was playing as well since I never did buy a DS.
---
slowbeef: Is this supposed to make me afraid of Crystal Boy? Because his name is still Crystal Boy.
Retsupurae on Cobra, a space adventure of tattoos and feet.
#8iGenesisPosted 6/25/2013 5:38:33 PM
miketheman109 posted...
So I have now owned the 3DS XL for 6 months, and I just have to say that it is simply amazing! I have always been a hardcore Nintendo fan, but the 3DS has me so pumped and excited about gaming in a way that I haven't had for a while.

- Fire Emblem Awakening (one of the best games on the system, extremely impressive)
- Steel Diver (got a sealed copy for $2.99, it was worth it for a few hours of fun)
- Pilot Wings: Resort (bought brand new for $4.99, which is fair because it is a fun little game)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (love this game, great presentation, and I find the controls work quite well)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (another fun game, and a worthy sequel to the original)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (every 3DS owner should have this game. Already played over 50 hours)
- Donkey Kong Country: Returns 3D (a very good port of a great game. Still have lots left to do)

So those are 11 games I have acquired over the past 6 months, with plenty more games out there and on the horizon that I will pick up. But so far I am extremely happy with my collection, and still have plenty left to do with some of the games. Why is the 3DS so amazing?!

2 ports in your list.
---
GameFAQs.com: You make the content; CBS makes the money
http://lueshi.info/Nintendo_Series_Tier_List.gif | http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#9miketheman109(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:42:08 PM
Yes, 2 ports.. OoT which has improved graphics, and makes the game portable for the first time. Also, I find being able to adjust the aiming with gyro controls really can help a lot. And DKC:R obviously doesn't look quite as good as the Wii version, but they added extra content and it only costs $35. Two great ports which both add something that the originals did not have.
#10Mariofan15Posted 6/25/2013 5:45:25 PM
iGenesis posted...
miketheman109 posted...

2 ports in your list.

No one cares,troll. I dont see Revelations listed. You should check that out sometime.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710